The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

So apparently Glen Coffee's reason for retiring is that Christ doesn't want him to play.

What?

Jesus: commissioner of the original No-Fun League.

The 49ers have apparently moved pretty quick to replace him. Looks like they're the ones that get Brian Westbrook.

Westbrook can be the shifty third-down guy, Anthony Dixon can be a short-yardage guy, and of course, there's Frank Gore to do everything else. Ideally, Westbrook doesn't get enough touches to break anything, and if that's the case, there's a solid improvement in the 49ers' backfield.

Oh, and Larry Fitz has sprained an MCL. MAY be beck for the opener. MAY.

Eli really got fuucked up in that play. Really scary to watch, but hopefully he'll be OK.

Also, how about Victor Cruz? Really impressed by the guy and the one handed catch with his left hand was insane. I know it's pre-season but 3 TDs and 145 yards is nothing to be sniffed at.

Edited by The Cool One

For some reason I remember hearing the Redskins had signed Westbrook after McNabb pushed them to pick him up, this was back in May or April. I guess it was a dream or something.

No, I seem to remember that too. Dunno what happened, but Washington has Portis and Larry Johnson anyway.

Damn the Raiders getting my hopes up, I got twenty on them having a better record than Denver this year. Not much, but that's some faith, I mean, they're OAKLAND.

Anyone know who's starting at HB in Seattle? Julio Jones? I need a third back in the EWB league. >_>

The Westbrook thing was just rampant speculation once McNabb was traded to the Redskins and was pretty much debunked once they signed Willie Parker but the rumor continued on for another month or so for some reason.

I'm really pleased with the signing. I think he does have a bit in the tank provided his concussions are in check and will be valuable giving Gore a breather and being our 3rd down back. And with Anthony Dixon looking pretty good, he won't be forced to take on a full backup load, reducing any potential injury risks.

And I'm not sure even the Seahawks know who's going to be their starting RB is going to be but if they were smart it would definitely be Justin Forsett. Julius Jones just isn't very good anymore and Leon Washington's probably better than him too but he's coming off a leg injury so we'll see.

For some reason I remember hearing the Redskins had signed Westbrook after McNabb pushed them to pick him up, this was back in May or April. I guess it was a dream or something.

No, I seem to remember that too. Dunno what happened, but Washington has Portis and Larry Johnson anyway.

Damn the Raiders getting my hopes up, I got twenty on them having a better record than Denver this year. Not much, but that's some faith, I mean, they're OAKLAND.

Anyone know who's starting at HB in Seattle? Julio Jones? I need a third back in the EWB league. >_>

Maybe Justin Forsett or Adrian Peterson, not sure which, they could go with Leon Washington too but, as mentioned, he's coming off a leg injury, so they may take it slow with him. I'd go with Forsett and Peterson as 1st and 2nd RB, respectively and maybe have Leon do something on third downs or returning kicks so they can test his legs.

OMG, Brett Favre is in Minnesota now. Y'all are never gonna believe this but he may play football this year.

:rolleyes:

I've been saying it for 3 years and will continue to say it. Favre's career will not end well. He won't leave until he finally gets carted off the field. Mark my words.

Julius Jones is listed as the number one on the official team website, but I expect it to be like last year where they can't make up their mind. I would go with Forsett, as when he did start last year he did great.

We could always trade Brandon Jacobs to the Vikes for a bag of balls and he can get Favre killed when he forgets the play.

This would imply that anyone on the Vikings actually has balls. After seeing them kiss Favre's ass, and plead him to come back.....I would think you would be hard pressed to find anyone with balls. <_<