The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Has Brett said he is retired yet? Everything I read said he was having trouble rehabing the ankle, and all the talk of retirement came from his teammates but not Brett himself.

Without Favre, is it possible that the Vikings make a move for a QB? If so, who is available? I am sure they could pry Vick out of the Eagles.

Vick is just a slightly quicker, older, left handed version of Tavaris Jackson at this stage. It's all retrospective now, but they really should have pushed Favre for an answer months ago. If he was still undecided, they should have told him they're done, get McNabb for pittens and if he wanted to return then, it'd have to be with a new team.

Has anyone here tried NFL Game Pass before? I tempted to get all the Giants games through that this year, as all I could get last year was crappy radio feeds for most of the games. Is the feed perfect, because if it lapsed for even a minute during a game, I'd be pissed.

I miss it when Sky had every game each Sunday. :(

I got the Game Pass last season and it wasn't good. The first three or so weeks it didn't work full stop for most people. After that it improved but even then it was blurry and stuttery at times. Apparently NeuLion (the company that runs Game Pass) never properly considered the fact that some people just bought weekly passes and therefore never fully accounted for the bandwidth they would actually need. It was very frustrating.

I actually found illegal feeds that were much better quality.

Has anyone here tried NFL Game Pass before? I tempted to get all the Giants games through that this year, as all I could get last year was crappy radio feeds for most of the games. Is the feed perfect, because if it lapsed for even a minute during a game, I'd be pissed.

Sky has never had every game. The most they managed was either last season or the season before when there were triple headers and a red-button option or two.

NFL RedZone is the greatest thing ever.

It's basically a "live highlights" channel and just bounces around all the Live games as the situation dictates and is usually focused on games that have a team "in the redzone" .... it's the best thing the NFL has done in a while in regards to broadcasting.

I don't even watch full games anymore unless one of like 3 maybe 4 teams is on.

Sky has never had every game. The most they managed was either last season or the season before when there were triple headers and a red-button option or two.

The season before last they deifnitely had all the games if you included the red button option. They had 3 main games on their designated Sky Channel on a Sunday, at 6pm, 9:30pm and 1am, with the other games scattered through the red button and then they had MNF too.

AP Source: Dumervil has torn pectoral muscle

By PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 33 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—NFL sacks king Elvis Dumervil might miss the season with a torn chest muscle.

A person familiar with the injury to Dumervil told The Associated Press the Denver Broncos pass rusher has torn his pectoral muscle and could be sidelined up to five months.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity on Thursday because the Broncos have not yet made an announcement.

A Broncos spokesman said coach Josh McDaniels was expected to address the issue following Thursday afternoon’s workout.

ESPN first reported the extent of the injury Thursday. Dumervil was hurt at practice Wednesday night, walking off the field clutching his right arm following a defensive drill.

Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks in 2009 and parlayed his breakout season into a five-year, $58.332 million extension last month that included $43.168 million in guarantees, a record for a pass rusher.

I just thought this was worth posting as we've been discussing the dangers of giving guys monster guaranteed deals.

Given that he's easily the best receiver in the entire league right now, that's more "sane" than it is "insane". He deserves every penny of that.

That's true, but ripping up what was a 5 year/$35 million deal and making it a 7 year/$73.5 million year one is a little bit crazy considering he signed an extension of his original deal just three years ago. It's not like they were tearing up his rookie deal which is what Revis wants. He's only played 7 years in the league and has already signed three contracts/extensions.

1) Johnson was signed to a six-year $39 million dollar contract and Johnson was able to start training camp on time due to a timely contract negotiation. Johnson's rookie contract included over $13.501 million in guaranteed compensation

2) On March 3, 2007, the Texans signed Johnson to a six year extension; the deal is worth $60 million and includes $15 million in guarantees.

3) On August 4, 2010, Johnson signed a contract extension of two years, keeping him under contract until the 2016 season.

So? The guy completely deserves it, unlike many other players who just get paid big bucks and do nothing, he's lead the NFL Receivers for the past two seasons in Catches. Plus, didn't he threaten to leave for a teamt aht would actually make the playoffs? I think that was prior to this last season.

So? The guy completely deserves it, unlike many other players who just get paid big bucks and do nothing, he's lead the NFL Receivers for the past two seasons in Catches. Plus, didn't he threaten to leave for a teamt aht would actually make the playoffs? I think that was prior to this last season.

He would have had to wait four years to leave, though. That is, if the Texans decided to sit on him until they got an offer that would rival the Herschel Walker trade, which is exactly what they should do in that circumstance.

It's sort of short-sighted on both parties. Johnson signed a long-term deal, then wonders why the market has blown past him in the next couple of years.

The Texans were all, "woo-hoo, we got a team-friendly contract and can do other things with the money we saved." They didn't stop to consider that the market would move either, and that eventually, Johnson would want to get caught back up.

This is basically the Texans having to catch back up and give him market value after a couple of cheap seasons.

Until the owners actually have to "own up" to the contracts they sign players too ... I'll side with the player every time.

As it sits now, nothing is guaranteed. It's just a bunch of one year deals rolled into "one" deal. As long as players are at the "mercy" of the ownership if they perform poorly, but are just expected to go along with things even if they greatly outplay their contract value ... I call bullshit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call?urn=nfl-260901

Do you remember that Stealers/Seahawks Super Bowl with all of the shady calls? 4 1/2 years later the guy who made some of those bogus calls finally admitted that "It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

I don't know if I'll ever be able to find that photoshopped picture of him doing an instant replay review during the game with a Stealers hat/colors on again, but it's good to know that it was spot on.

EDIT: steeler7lp.jpg

:)

Edited by naiwf