EWB'S FAVOURITE WEBCOMICS VOTING THREAD

badotori

Or, do what some people do Number of Votes X Number of Voters = Total points.

So if 2 people vote a comic at 1st and 5th then that comic would get 12 points (5 + 1 x 2)

And I happen to enjoy CAD. It jumps the shark occasionally, but its also grown up a lot and tackled some of the less happy aspecs of life (like Lilah's miscarriage). It may not have handled it fantastically,but it at least tried, which is more then most comics can say.

I still prefer QC > CAD though :D

I can't speak for anyone else, but I read webcomics to laugh, and there's nothing funny about a shitty miscarriage storyline.

• Like 2

I'll agree I love reading Web Comics that make me laugh, and 70 - 80% of the time, CAD manages that. But by the same token, QC has also done dramatic comics, that weren't intended to make people laugh, and thats one of the reasons its my favourite comic.

Was CAD a little heavy on the drama for that miscarriage? Hell Yeah. But I'm not going to let one shitty storyline stop me from enjoying all the other great comics that made me laugh (like the recent BS2 Parody which currently resides as my desktop)

In the times that CAD has done a shock/drama angle, it always came off as more of Buckley wanting to do something unexpected and garner more attention to his comic. Not necessarily a bad thing-- it's an excellent marketing idea-- but it lends less to comic development and more to comic infamy, which in turn gains him a greater viewership. QC, meanwhile, keeps the drama relatively in the boundaries of its ongoing stories and fits them to their characters as a form of development, and I don't really recall an "abrupt" dramatic moment in QC somuch as gradual ones that spanned the story over a stretch of many pages.

Also, one thing I realized relatively recently that spawned my decision to make QC my #1 webcomic right now is the fact that I don't even read the comic for the sake of getting a laugh anymore-- usually, it can do that for me just fine-- but rather, just for the pure love of where the story's going and how its characters have progressed. I'm just genuinely enjoying the story now more than anything else, so in the times where the comic does go serious, I can actually still highly enjoy it for what it's giving. That's a sign of a great webcomic for me, honestly. But, yeah, it's just my opinion.

Now, God forbid GoGo gets in here and sees your love of CAD though, Ace. You might be verbally eviscerated for it :P

Nah, GoGo knows I have bad taste in comics. Loving CAD just seems right on par with my love for Garfield. :D

And I guess I'm a victim of having read the entire CAD Archive in just over three days, and loving more then I hated at the time. If I I had followed it week-by-week, then I probably would hate it just as much as everyone else, but to me it still entertains me, and thats the main thing.

One of the major things I hate about CAD is that whole christmas game thing. Its like he puts in a massive effort to have big week long poem type things about this fake holiday and he's the only person on earth who takes it seriously. I suppose the same could also be said for his shitty comic!

Oh, and he showed his penis to an underage girl. So, like Ruki in more ways than one >_>

Reet, this thread can be closed now. The results will be put up over the next few days - 25-21 should be on EWB by tomorrow. It'll probably be just a short paragraph about who writes/illustrates it, what the comic's about, along with an example, and what it's up to at the moment. Thanks to everyone that voted. thumbsup.gif

Edited by badotori