EWB's Top 31 TV Shows of 2009: The Results

GoGo Yubari

I've seen every episode of FlashFoward and like it, but I don't think I voted for it. It just hasn't gripped me yet. I'll stick with it, but at times the dialogue is horrible and the acting just seems really forced.

I've seen Entourage a few times and it was alright but nothing I'd wanna go back and watch the whole way through. Californication I saw the first season of, loved it and then never bothered to follow up on. Should probably sort that out.

Why the fuck do all these press shots from about half of these American shows all look pretty much identical/interchangable?

The Inbetweeners, Top Gear and kind've The Apprentice are all pretty much identical too. :/

Its the style of the time...

scrubs.png

15. Scrubs (34 points, appeared on 8 ballots)

bigbang.png

13. The Big Bang Theory (41 points, appeared on 7 ballots)

glee.png

13. Glee (41 points, appeared on 7 ballots)

modern-family.jpg

12. Modern Family (44 points, appeared on 8 ballots)

criminalminds.png

11. Criminal Minds (49 points, appeared on 9 ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 31 TV Shows of 2009: Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?

And then there was one....

Scrubs being that high in what is likely its final season is awesome, and BBT deserved higher, but that was about the best one could hope for really. Great list so far.

chuck.png

10. Chuck (54 points, appeared on 7 ballots)

30-rock-season-4.jpg

9. 30 Rock (56 points, appeared on 10 ballots)

Sons_Of_Anarchy_1.jpg

8. Sons of Anarchy (61 points, appeared on 7 ballots)

truebloodcmcl.jpg

7. True Blood (70 points, appeared on 11 ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 31 Shows of 2009: Yes. I am the popular social networking site known as Bookface.

I echo MPH in saying that's a really good list. I've seen one episode of Glee and Modern Family, but I think they're both pretty good - in particular, I really dig Glee. Glee starts over in the UK in January and I'm really excited for that.

Scrubs is always worth having around. I don't know what they latest seasons have been like, but I loved the old one's. And I'm really getting into The Big Bang Theory. I'm not loving it as much as some people on the forum do, but I think it's a fun show.

Edit: 10 - 7 posted: I missed that. But two of my shows get on the list; which is awesome. Good to see Chuck in the top ten, I really love that show. True Blood fails to crack that top five? That's a shame, but still a good showing. Looking forward to the top 6 (Y)

30 Rock is awesome, I dunno why I stopped watching after the first ten or so episodes. From Scrubs up until True Blood, Scrubs is the only show I watch regularly, but they showed the Glee pilot over here recently and I liked the fifteen or so minutes of it I saw, so I may look out for that one. I wanted to watch the first episode of Modern Family when it came on Sky1 but my uni flatmates were just talking over it, pricks :@