Formula One 2010

Lineker

• Admin

Karun Chandhok has been confirmed by HRT as their second driver and will unveil their car's livery later today, thus completing this years line-up. Lopez is now expected to be confirmed as their third driver following the fall-through of USF1. Shame Stefan won't be allowed in; it's a little bit of an injustice but never mind. You'd expect them to be amongst the front runners for a slot in 2011 when they could potentially join the grid.

And the waiting is seriously killing me now!

FFS...the ability of the FIA to make incompetent decisions is worrying at times. They've decided that Stefan GP can't enter the championship at such a late stage, despite the fact that it's been clear for about 2 months now that USF1 weren't going to make it to the grid, while Stefan GP have got a car IN BAHRAIN. Super Aguri didn't have a car that had passed the crash test until like, a few days before the Australian GP back in 2007 (I *think* it was 07), so how exactly the FIA can let that slide, I don't know.

Yeah I;m getting quite excited for it now, gonna be dead interesting. Hopefully Red Bull can win it this year, would love to see Vettel or Webber lifting the crown.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

All about Mclaren this year! (H)

I only want Red Bull to win if its Webber, I lost all respect for Vettel with hsi petulance towards the end of the last season, he was acting like a spiled brat because things weren't going his way

He is too much of a twat for me to want him to do well, its like I love Alonso but I don't want him to suceed now he is with the red scum!

I just watched the 1982 South African Grand Prix they have put up on BBC Sport, and my god did it make me realise how much I still miss James Hunt and Murray Walker to this day. :(

Murray is F1 still to me, and as good as the BBC coverage is (very) and as awesome a pundit as Brundle is, no commentary team will ever match up. Those two (Hunt and Walker) will be the sound of my childhood forever.

Yeah I;m getting quite excited for it now, gonna be dead interesting. Hopefully Red Bull can win it this year, would love to see Vettel or Webber lifting the crown.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

All about Mclaren this year! (H)

I'm probably the last person who will ever agree with that statement :lol: But that's well documented on here!

It'll be interesting to see how Button & Hamilton do together, but I can't stand Hamilton or the team so I'd rather see Red Bull or Ferrari win it. My respect for Hamilton is gaining actually, he seems to be maturing well and performed well last season but I doubt I'll ever be a fan of him.

You can't stand McLaren because of the team, and you would rather watch Ferrari, a team known for getting their way and throwing the toys out of the pram if it even gets close to not going their way? I like your new brand of logic, where can I subscribe to it? :P

Hey, I don't care about logic :shifty: I'll be supporting Red Bull because I love Webber, but really all it comes down to with Ferrari is: I like Alonso & Massa. I like Button as well, so it's not a universal hate campaign against McLaren. Alonso for me is favourite to win it, but obviously it's far from a foregone conclusion. We've got about 8 drivers who have a genuine shot at the world championship this year which is great.

Hey, I don't care about logic :shifty: I'll be supporting Red Bull because I love Webber, but really all it comes down to with Ferrari is: I like Alonso & Massa. I like Button as well, so it's not a universal hate campaign against McLaren. Alonso for me is favourite to win it, but obviously it's far from a foregone conclusion. We've got about 8 drivers who have a genuine shot at the world championship this year which is great.

And this is why this year is really exciting... that and seeing how rubbish the new teams are <_<

Sutil really took it to them in FP1 and was about 3 tenths ahead of Alonso when the flag dropped. No real surprises in the first top 10 after FP1, except for Kubica managing to get 3rd (when you take in to account the fact that the Renault's not looked good whatsoever so far) and Red Bull only managing 9th and 13th. Still, it's very early days and we don't know the fuel loads so FP2 should be interesting in that respect. The only thing that is "confirmed" is the fact that Lotus & Virgin are ridiculously off-pace (by the tune of 7 seconds, although they're actually running at a similar pace to each other so they'll be in competition to some degree, at least) and the HRT car looks ridiculously dangerous to drive.

Oh, and HRT is a DUMBASS name for a racing team, I've come to realise.

Sutil really took it to them in FP1 and was about 3 tenths ahead of Alonso when the flag dropped. No real surprises in the first top 10 after FP1, except for Kubica managing to get 3rd (when you take in to account the fact that the Renault's not looked good whatsoever so far) and Red Bull only managing 9th and 13th. Still, it's very early days and we don't know the fuel loads so FP2 should be interesting in that respect. The only thing that is "confirmed" is the fact that Lotus & Virgin are ridiculously off-pace (by the tune of 7 seconds, although they're actually running at a similar pace to each other so they'll be in competition to some degree, at least) and the HRT car looks ridiculously dangerous to drive.

Oh, and HRT is a DUMBASS name for a racing team, I've come to realise.

haha, Hormone Replacement Therapy hahaha

On the other hand... SENNA :w00t:

HRT stands for Holden Racing Team in Australian V8 Supercars.

Anyway, what happened to driver 13 in the opening post? Are the F1 people a bit too superstitious, or was it a mistake by the poster (in which case I apologise for pointing it out) :blush:

It tends to be a superstition thing. Lots of sports do it, particularly motor sports, as a side note there isn't a no. 13 down my street for that very reason.

• Admin

4 day ticket to the Aussie GP - AU$185 - bargain!

(H)

Yeah I was tempted but flights from Sydney + accomodation will be an absolute rip-off.

Kolles is German and according to this one can assume that they may register next year as a German outfit, therefore warranting a name change?

Ross Brawn has come up and said that he and all the other teams will now be forced to copy McLaren's design, now that it's been confirmed as legal. Kind of ironic after last year's "Diffuser-gate".

A point was brought up on the preview show down here in Australia that with refuelling now banned, pit-stops could be as quick as two seconds? That's going to be something to behold!