Brock Lesnar May Never Fight Again

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I think anyone that doesn't believe match fixing has happened in the UFC is fooling themselves :)

I'll give you MMA, especially in Japan and probably even with Kimbo/Petruzelli, but I'm not so sure it's happened in UFC beyond "if we put these two together, this is what should happen". But a WWE-owned UFC would see that mindset go from being held by fringe elements like yourself to a fairly widespread perception, sort of like how people suggested the XFL might have been rigged.

That is match fixing though. Take one guy, who you know is shit, and put him against your top Heavyweight to make him look better. Match fixing. It happens in every sport. AFL over here in Australia, is full of shitty match fixing, that is only just coming to light.

I can't see it a negative though. It's smart "booking" by the UFC bookers.

In regards to flat out working a match, I think UFC is safe in that regard. But then again, how are we to know?

PANCRASE did it for their entire history up until 1999/2000 and you will still hear people defend it, as if it was ALWAYS legit.

Bass Rutten still says he has never worked a match in his life....... I won't even go into that.

PRIDE... wow.

I trust MMA as much as I trust Vince McMahon's personality.

I don't get how in any way, shape or form that that's match fixing. In every way possible, it's not. Taking a shit guy against somebody who is good isn't match fixing :/

Yeah, I get what Lukie is saying. Like, putting a guy who can wrestle all day and tie you up in knots using just his thumbs against a guy who can only really try and go for the one puch KO does tip the balance massivily in favour of the first guy. But to call it match fixing is by far too extreme. Else, you would have to call Chelsea vs Hull match fixing too.

I was going to argue this yesterday but I didn't think LUKIE wouldn't listen, but I feel like adding to what 9to5 is saying so...

Its not match fixing, its creating favourable match ups, there is always the possiblilty that the so called weaker fighter could pull off an upset, much like (using 9 to 5's analogy) Hull could pull off an unlikely upset against Chelsea.

I also can't beleive you're talking about match fixing in such an unfavourable light when you are such a fan of Puro, which is entirely based on fixed/fake match ups (not to bash prowrestling, I still love it) it smacks up arrogrant hypocracy. [/Chris Jericho]

How is it hypocritical?

I didn't say it was a bad thing, as it has happened everywhere in the MMA world. If I turned around and said, oh PANCRASE was fixed until 98, but thats okay, but OMG heaven forbid UFC do it~!!!!... different story.

Fixing matches is good :)

And fixing doesn't mean saying who wins and loses. A lot of things can be considered match fixing. Paying off a referee to favour one team, is match fixing. Losing on purpose to get draft picks is match fixing. Putting a much weaker fighter against a much stronger fighter to build your stronger fighter up is match fixing. Pretty much what they did with Kimbo Slice was match fixing.

• Like 2

If your window is broken and you set up a new one; house fixing. :)

Maybe he's actually a robot from the future and his parts have begun to rust and he won't be able to replace them until the parts have been invented in our time. :( This seems like the most logical conclusion.

Also, no, Fedor Emelianenko is obviously the most viable candidate for robot/Terminator from the future. Wonder if he's found John Connor yet.

• Like 5

Guest Emperor Truculence

Another good example is a team telling one driver to let the other pass him ALA Ferrari.

Race fixing.

Sure, but unlike every other example you've given, putting a strong fighter against a weak fighter doesn't guarantee any result.

If your window is broken and you set up a new one; house fixing. :)

Maybe he's actually a robot from the future and his parts have begun to rust and he won't be able to replace them until the parts have been invented in our time. :( This seems like the most logical conclusion.

Also, no, Fedor Emelianenko is obviously the most viable candidate for robot/Terminator from the future. Wonder if he's found John Connor yet.

It seems pretty clear to me that Lesnar is the T-800 whilst Fedor is the T-1000. Except. Y'know. A russian one.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/brock-lesnar-dana-white-mayo-clinic-mono-ufc-wwe/

Not much new information besides White allegedly saying its an intestinal disorder. Yeah its TMZ so it could be more speculation, but they aren't usually too far off the mark on stuff, sadly.

Not really, my friend's dad has it and while I haven't seen him in awhile, I know he's alive, still working, etc. and they live in Wisconsin and I would assume the chances of him getting a cold in the past 6 years, since he was diagnosed with it, are pretty good.

Regardless, I hope he gets better since I'm a big Brock fan and would love to see him continue to tear people apart in the Octagon.