Brock Lesnar May Never Fight Again

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I think anyone that doesn't believe match fixing has happened in the UFC is fooling themselves :)

I'll give you MMA, especially in Japan and probably even with Kimbo/Petruzelli, but I'm not so sure it's happened in UFC beyond "if we put these two together, this is what should happen". But a WWE-owned UFC would see that mindset go from being held by fringe elements like yourself to a fairly widespread perception, sort of like how people suggested the XFL might have been rigged.

That is match fixing though. Take one guy, who you know is shit, and put him against your top Heavyweight to make him look better. Match fixing. It happens in every sport. AFL over here in Australia, is full of shitty match fixing, that is only just coming to light.

I can't see it a negative though. It's smart "booking" by the UFC bookers.

In regards to flat out working a match, I think UFC is safe in that regard. But then again, how are we to know?

PANCRASE did it for their entire history up until 1999/2000 and you will still hear people defend it, as if it was ALWAYS legit.

Bass Rutten still says he has never worked a match in his life....... I won't even go into that.

PRIDE... wow.

I trust MMA as much as I trust Vince McMahon's personality.

Guest JukeboxHero

While I'm not a fan of Brock by any means, this really does suck, for both him and the UFC.

I mean, UFC is/was banking on this guy being the future of the company and if he can't fight again, that plan is fucked.

Obviously, Lesnar's health is more important than fate of the company, and I do hope he'll be alright.

• Like 1

Yes, but if he wasn't getting treated for Lyme disease from the beginning, it could have already passed the point of being quite dangerous. Even when it's treated Lyme disease can often lead to fibromyalgia, which would almost certainly derail an MMA career. Not to mention the potentially degenerative effects it can have on the brain if it wasn't treated right away.

Edited by Maxx

Guest Emperor Truculence

Yes, but if he wasn't getting treated for Lyme disease from the beginning, it could have already passed the point of being quite dangerous. Even when it's treated Lyme disease can often lead to fibromyalgia, which would almost certainly derail an MMA career. Not to mention the potentially degenerative effects it can have on the brain if it wasn't treated right away.

And Alzheimer's can derail an MMA career, but I doubt he has Alzheimer's. There's really no point in speculating what disease Brock may or may not have.

And Alzheimer's can derail an MMA career, but I doubt he has Alzheimer's. There's really no point in speculating what disease Brock may or may not have.

...Oh c'mon, Empee...Why be like that for?

....Old man Randy's still doing fine >_>

Lyme disease was brought up and passed off as being easily treated, I'm simply pointing out that it could certainly be debilitating. Not speculating, just pointing out why Lyme disease shouldn't be shrugged off in terms of the effect it can have on an athletic career.

Maxx does point out some very good, and very often overlooked, details regarding Lyme disease, but like it has been stated that is just speculation.

I instantly thought hepatitis. Since it's blood-transmitted. But...I don't know much about MMA to be honest. Would that stop a fighters' career?

I suppose it could be HIV as well.

That actually crossed my mind due to his time in the wrestling industry. The only reason I even thought about it was due to the Chavo Sr. incident with Undertaker during the time Brock was with the company.

Maxx does point out some very good, and very often overlooked, details regarding Lyme disease, but like it has been stated that is just speculation.

I instantly thought hepatitis. Since it's blood-transmitted. But...I don't know much about MMA to be honest. Would that stop a fighters' career?

That actually crossed my mind due to his time in the wrestling industry. The only reason I even thought about it was due to the Chavo Sr. incident with Undertaker during the time Brock was with the company.

Pretty sure Brock was long gone by then.

Pretty sure Brock was long gone by then.

Well, Chavo Classic actually was around at the tail end of Brock's WWE run. But in regards to the actual incident being referred to, yeah, you're right.