COD MW2

Does anyone get why people hate certain weapons. Here's a discussion between me and some dude that happened during COD4.

Me: "Dude, it's just a fucking game -- there is no problem with whatever weapon you fucking use."

Dude: "Yes there is. Especially using a noobtube."

Me: "Noobtube? What the fuck..."

Dude: "Grenade Launchers are for noobs."

So what weapons are they hating this time?

The gaming community is just a sad place, in general. I pretty much only play with friends and don't even bother getting on COD unless at least one of my buddies are on. On the Friday after the game came out, my friend and I joined a game with a party already in session. One guy joked that my friend and I were "noobs" because we were up to level 7 or 9 or something. I told him that the game had only been out for three days, and him being a level 50 already probably meant he hadn't touched a tit, yet.

You're going a bit overboard with the whole gaming community is a sad place. I agree COD's community is pretty bad as of late, and it's because everyone and their mother basically bought or pirated the game and is playing it, so you'll have way more little kids and whiners. I find the Left 4 Dead PC community (can't speak for consoles) MUCH better because it requires more teamwork and brains, so it contains more mature people. I add a new friend on steam every 2 or 3 games just because that person was good to play with, this never happened to me in MW2 :blush:

I am one of those people that hate certain guns though and it has to do with the fact that years ago I played COD2 pretty intensely (read: competitively) and it made me pretty....skilled, but it also made me realize the game is much better without all the shitty perks like Martyrdom and Last Stand, because the skill level goes up and you actually have to use your brain. Infinity Ward probably realized COD4 is now full with people who either have a shit computer and are just...kids, and people who are pretty seasoned in the game. They want to change that, they want more people to continue playing for a long time and how do you do that? Keep the casual gamers happy. Noobtubes make casual gamers happy because it doesn't require any aim almost, it requires hardly any brains and it's usually insta-kill. The thermal sniper sucks too because it rewards for sitting somewhere up top where he can see everyone clearly because of his thermal vision and aiming is easy as hell. Don't get me started on the helicopters by the way....people just lie in front of their own flag basically and get a 10 man killstreak just to send out a helicopter. It shows any twit can get a score of 10-1 if he just waits somewhere. Once they actually start walking their score goes to 12-15 or something. Wow I have no idea what I'm ranting about anymore... So yeah, I'd love dedicated servers and the ability to access consoles so we can finally have servers with grenade launchers banned and certain lame ass perks. Probably won't get it though, why would IW change their minds now?

Even though they are open to abuse from some people, doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. It would be laughable if there wasn't some aspect of the multiplayer that allowed the casual gamer, maybe a Call Of Duty newbie or just someone who dips in and out of the game, to be competitive. People have been with the game since day dot, and are insanely good, where's the fun in just getting your butt kicked every time you have a go?

If the game has to find a new host in the middle of Killcam showing the whole game my match-winning kill, is it safe to assume that the host ragequit because I thermal scoped him? >_>

What name you playing under Plubby? Add me to Steam... msg me.

If you see PANDAzilla, then... well... that's me going to pwn you. In teh fase. With a laser.

Or whatever the fuck people say now-a-days.

EDIT:

In regards to noob tubes. Most of the people who complain about them are the same ones who prone dodge, and bunny hop everywhere. It's a fucking game, don't complain about shit you can use in the game.

• Like 4

I don't mind camping too much, as long as it's used sparingly. I also was too tired/sick/woozy from my flu shot last night to actually effectively deal with them, and instead kept running right into them like some dumb animal or other that wanted to get shot and die.

There is a difference though between letting snipers camp and snipe while the other guys run out to serve as a distraction and possibly get some kills, and having the whole team camp because their too scared that they might die and ruin their K/D ratio.

In regards to noob tubes. Most of the people who complain about them are the same ones who prone dodge, and bunny hop everywhere. It's a fucking game, don't complain about shit you can use in the game.

Typical. Bunny hopping doesn't do shit in this game, unless your aim is way off. You know when bunny hopping was REALLY bunny hopping and effective? Call of Duty 1 when it came out and they patched that after a month or so. Going prone to "dodge" bullets is just smart, because it requires the opponent to aim down, however it's also not THAT effective. Noobtubes is a whole different ballgame, it's a weapon in the game. I've learned to accept them because it will never change, but the reason a lot of people complain is because they are used to them not having to be in the game because of dedicated servers/console and quite frankly, I don't see a real reason to take that option away from people. If people want a server that's clean without any perks and attachments, then let them have it. The casual gamers will still join the "normal" servers, so it's all good.

EDIT: Gotta love 'dem hackers. 3 games played today, 2 had an aimbotter. Lovely.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

On the subject of people complaining about weapons, what the hell is up with people on the 3rd person cage match? The other day, this one guy PM'd me asking if we're playing head-shots? Then just now some guy was on about it on mic, then I muted him, so he sent a PM saying "hs19 first plz?". I replied back "what the hell does that mean? just play". He quit.

I don't have time to not head-shot someone. I just see someone and shoot. Doing it any other way is lame.

Edited by TheModernWay