COD MW2

I just lobbed a blind Semtex (semi-blind, I knew he was in that rough area) over two walls and across a creek to stick it to an enemy playing Team Deathmatch Express in Rundown.

If it only it was the game winner, I think it'd have trumped the knife throw of fame :D

• Like 1

Screw online and screw it big time.

I played for the first time last night (and I have plenty of past hours in MW1) and was thrust into a world of ridiculously high-level Japanese otaku. I've lost count of the number of times I was killed by someone rounding a corner and just "knowing" where an opponent was likely to be crouching/hiding/sniping/running. The replays would show them aiming exactly to certain positions and just firing. Scumbags. :angry:

It was much easier playing against Brits.

It's definitely better playing against people in the same country for lag issues, but in terms of thrusting you into games with higher levels, always hated that. Not that it matters if you have a good team and know what you're doing, but it's definitely retarded if you just start out and you're going against people who are already 5th or 6th prestige already.

Definitely glad I'm single and taking classes, staying up late and leveling up pretty fast again.

It's not just that you have to remember Japanese kids only do three things, go to school, play online games and sleep. Hammy has no chance when an entire internet cafe's worth of pimply, 14 year old supernerds descend upon him.

I seem to waywardly veer between "actually not that bad" and "bloody shocking" at this game online. Some games I can have 18 kills, 5 deaths and some games it can be 4 kills, 20 deaths. Did play Afghan yesterday with the Barret .50cal and got 18 kills which I was happy with.

Hammy, Wasteland's by far the worst map on the game. I can't stand that map; it's boring if nothing else.

Also, the tactical knife is glorious. Lately, I seem to have been playing a lot better. I got two chopper gunners in one game the other day which was encouraging. Out of interest; favourite guns/clasees? I love the silenced UMP, Marathon, Lightweight and Comando.

Just was in a game where one guy got 50 kills and was only killed twice, then took the opportunity to gloat about it. Needless to say the next game the other 3 in his team (including me) let him get killed a lot just to piss him off.

Just been sniping a lot today just to get my eye in and start to rack up more kills than deaths. Seems to work well, the Japanese don't tend to snipe much preferring to charge around shouting BANZAI (ok I made that last bit up).

Still, I like the "awards" for each match - most headshots, fewest deaths etc. I've picked up a few "most sniper kills", "most teammate saves", "fewest deaths" etc. Good for morale while I get to know the maps.

I have quite a few accolades, but I need to start getting "The Show"(10 kills, no deaths). My friend has two of them and is constantly gloating about them.

Right now I'm really enjoying a class that includes the Vector as my primary weapon with a holographic sight, a .44 magnum with FMJ, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Final Stand with C4. Works wonderful for Hardcore Headquarters.

Other than that I usually run around with the M4, favorite assault rifle. Though I am getting carried away with the C4 and magnum now :pervert:

What are everyone's favourite and least favourite maps? For me it's like this:

1. Terminal

2. Estate

3. Favela

4. Rundown

5. Skidrow

6. Sub Base

7. Invasion

8. Karachi

9. Highrise

10. Derail

11. Quarry

12. Rust

13. Scrapyard

14. Underpass

15. Afghan

16. Wasteland

It seems "The Show" only comes up if you don't die throughout the whole match, whereas I just thought it was 10 uninterrupted kills.

And prestige seems to have fucked me over now, I just can't the hang of any class that doesn't involve knifing anymore, meaning I'm a sitting duck on most Sniping maps now.

As for my favorite map, it tends to switch between Afghan, Favela and Terminal. With the occasional spice of Derail at the time when I could hit a target >_>.