Dragon Age: Origins

apsham

Cool, cheers. Also, is the Rogue class any good if you're not controlling it? It seems with the backstab and abilities it would be great if it's the player controlled character, but the AI (or more likely, my tactics) seem to suck for them. Leliana was getting her ass handed to her any time there were four or more enemies around. Contemplating a Mage, Morrigan, Zevran and an undecided powerhouse for this run through, but if the rogue is going to suck out loud then I might grab two powerhouses since I'll have two ranged fighters already with Morrigan and myself.

Non-controlled Rogues pretty much suck from my experience. Only use Leliana in your party regularly if you make her into an archery Bard.

If you use Zevran, make one of his classes the Duelist and have him use poisons often. He'll survive longer that way.

My usual party for my Rogue playthrough was my character, Alistair and Oghren, with Morrigan or Wynne being used in the rear spot depending on which one's skills I needed. I mainly used Oghren as a Berserker, and my character was a Duelist/Ranger. (Only went Ranger for the pets, though)

The one thing I hate about DAO is the Shapeshifter class. Its next to friggin' useless because you're better off just having the character(s) with it cast spells.

he is yeah.

My experiance has been that rogues are only useful if you control them, or if your bard chicky is just hanging in the back with arrows.

that being said, you can totally disable a room of traps, set your own up and then walk back to start a fight. Stealth is a must then.

If you are using lelianna, just increase her pick pocket and walk around to everyone stealing from them. Youll have money and special gifts by doing so.

Damn, I can't decide now. I was set on a male elf mage (in my mind he was Dalish who had been captured by Templars), but I kind of want to be a dwarf noble rogue, I might do two saves just to get the different reactions.

I find it weird that I couldn't get into this game for so many attempts, now I'm inexplicably sucked in.

Just making sure I've not been mislead - if I start a game and then download the DLC, I can still play anything downloaded AFTER I started that save, yes?

Can anyone confirm? I'd like to start my second play through this weekend, but I'll wait for the PSN Shop to open again if not.

Reading this topic makes me kinda wanna get back into this game, but I'll be fucked if I remember what I did with it. <_<

You're supposed to do Return to Ostagar before saving Redcliffe, but don't have to. You can apparently do it any time you want.

I haven't bought any of the paid DLC, but the only two that even interest me are Warden's Keep and The Golems of Amgarrak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having finished Dead Space 2, I might pick up DA:O again, since I had it once, but wasn't overly getting into it. However, I think if I commited more time to it, it is the kinda game I'd really enjoy. Plus, I fancy having a few more RPG's in my collection.

Might pick up the second one while I'm at it, but then again, will probably wait till I complete the first one, as the second one will then be going for pence, really.

Yeah, bought it today for £8, following some trading-in-ness.

I'm too much of a trade whore. If I buy something, and am not overly enamoured early, I'll trade it in and get a decent price back to put to something else. Now it is cheap, I don't mind picking it back up again and giving it a go, especially as there isn't much coming up that I fancy.