Massive Action Game

IzzyX

MAG_%28video_game%29.jpg

Name: Massive Action Game (MAG)

Platform: Playstation 3

Genre: FPS

Modes: Multiplayer and Campaign (?)

Release Dates: North America -- January 26, 2010; Europe -- TBC 2010.

Developer(s): Zipper Interactive

Publisher(s): Sony Computer Entertainment

MAG (previously titled MAG: Massive Action Game) is an upcoming MMO shooter for the PlayStation 3 in development by Zipper Interactive. The game was announced at Sony's E3 2008 press conference. Various subtitles were being considered for the game, including MAG: Shadow War, MAG: Zero, MAG: Global Assault and MAG: Final Hour. The game is scheduled for release in North America on January 26, 2010. Release dates for the rest of the world have not yet been announced.

The game will utilize a new server architecture to support online battles with up to 256 players, with users divided into 8-player squads, with 4 squads forming a platoon, and 4 platoons forming a company. Each squad will be led by a player who has advanced through the game's ranking system. Character statistics and development will also increase with frequent gameplay. The players most advanced in rank will be able to either direct the battle or participate directly in combat.

MAGinternalscreenshot.jpg

First in-game screenshot (from internal play sessions)

Basic battles will take place within ongoing, faction-based campaigns to encourage the player to actively play. The game's E3 unveiling trailer featured large landscapes, tactics such as air strikes and parachuting, and a variety of vehicles, from tanks and APCs to airplanes.

Videos:

-

-

-

-

-New Trailer

-

-Feature Interview

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I for one am excited; and I hope the game comes out here in Europe the same day the US gets it. Graphics look awesome from my standpoint, and the mayhem with 256 players make it more awesome than normal. And no lag :)

Discuss...

yeah, haven't played in fuck-off ages though. I let my brother's friend borrow the PS3 and just got it back a few weeks ago, haven't even hooked it back up to the TV yet. Arkham Aslyum and MAG should make me do that, though. Thinking I might pick Arkham Asylum up for Christmas and preorder MAG now or something, IDK.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the code Izzy. I downloaded it last night and joined a game, but had no real idea what the fuck was going on. Our group had to disable something or other, but I remember getting 1 kill and being owned about 20 times, not knowing whether my team were doing well or not overall. >_>

Thanks for the code Izzy. I downloaded it last night and joined a game, but had no real idea what the fuck was going on. Our group had to disable something or other, but I remember getting 1 kill and being owned about 20 times, not knowing whether my team were doing well or not overall. >_>

It takes time my friend.