Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Benji

Any americans got it yet? I'd almost forgotten it was released this week until I went into my local to pre-order Tekken 6 and SD vs RAW, the ratings for it have been insanely good. I've had the original for a while but not played a whole lot (not through lack of desire, just had a lot of other games I chose to play first), so I'm going to attempt to blast the main story this week before Friday, does it seem like I'd need to complete 1 before opening 2?

I'm getting this for Stokerina's birthday (on Wednesday), though of course it's not out here until Friday. She'll be off visiting her parents from Thursday through to Sunday anyway, so I'll just have it here for when she gets back.

Which begs the question: to shamelessly play through most/all the game before she returns, or not? :shifty:

• Like 1

Fucking Americans. Just asked whether people would be getting this in the Sony thread. Out today over there, isn't it?

Remember to spoiler tag stuff, please lads. :)

And as for completing 1 before 2, I don't think it's neccesary, no. But if you Wiki Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, it'll give you the story of what went down anyway.

• Like 1

I don't know if you'd need to play the first to understand the second, but you should play the first because you owe it to yourself to play one of the best single person games in recent memory.

• Like 1

There is a fairly large twist towards the end, but I don't imagine it'd factor into the second game much. The only thing it might do is um, sort of set the tone for the second game, what to expect, that sort of thing.

Trying not to give away too much >_>

• Like 1

This game is fucking awesome. The heist level was very cool, I'm liking the larger emphasis on stealthy action since the first game was just one massive shootout after another. Nate is as funny as the first, and the graphics are stunning. I'm a bit miffed why they took out the motion controls since I keep doing the wrong thing now for throwing grenades etc but it does make crossing logs a lot less annoying >_>

Generally seems like a massive improvement on what was already an amazing game.

• Like 1

I was going to agree with you in the Sony thread, but this deserves it's own.

"Quick, there's a guy above you, a guy above you!"

*reach up, throw the guy off the platform to the ground below*

"There's a guy below you, a guy below you!"

This was actually really funny, I wasn't expecting it at all and the guys delivery is awesome. The line you mentioned about no more doughnuts was awesome too, because the first game had a secret costume that you basically needed to get all the medals to unlock, called "Doughnut Drake". He is fat as fuck >_>

• Like 1

Yeah it was just over 5,000 yen here which isn't sooo great abroad with the strong yen but it's basically the equivalent of about £25 as far as living costs are here. Good price for a big new game.

Biohazard 5 is STILL 7,500 in a lot of shops (nearly £40)

Yeah it was just over 5,000 yen here which isn't sooo great abroad with the strong yen but it's basically the equivalent of about £25 as far as living costs are here. Good price for a big new game.

Biohazard 5 is STILL 7,500 in a lot of shops (nearly £40)

Just curious how much is Yakuza 3 over there?

Okay, the first few chapters were lame, I was honestly wondering if this was the same game, but I'm now on Chapter 22 and Jesus Christ is this an AMAZING game, also, a discussion between me and Kaney about the mountain climbing resulted in us asking:

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT THING?

And did anyone else try punching it several times and feel like shouting "GORE! GORE! GOOOOORE~!" every time it charged you?

The heist mission was really cool, but it takes quite a while to get used to, considering it's such a radical departure from the mostly jungle/ruined tomb levels in the first game.

I must say I really love the opportunities, rare as they are, for you to stealth a bunch of bad guys. Its so much fun after you've fired enough ammunition to keep a small army in war for several years to go around silently and sneakily taking them down one by one.