General Television Thread

Hellfire

@tristy Are you familiar with our Lords & Saviors, Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder? (H)

Mr. Robot is a good one though, it's really rebounded again in season 3.

I would also suggest Sneaky Pete if you have already watched Justified. Even if you haven't because it's good on it's own but it definitely fills the Justified hole in your heart after you finish that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, livid said:

@tristy Are you familiar with our Lords & Saviors, Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder? (H)

Mr. Robot is a good one though, it's really rebounded again in season 3.

I would also suggest Sneaky Pete if you have already watched Justified. Even if you haven't because it's good on it's own but it definitely fills the Justified hole in your heart after you finish that. 

Is Justified on Netflix? If so, I'll check it out. Also, isn't Sneaky Pete an Amazon show or something? I guess I should have prefaced this by saying I need shows that are on Netflix or US television.

Anybody watch Taskmaster: Champion of Champions?

Spoiler

I thought the challenges were a little boring (yoga ball & coconuts challenge was far too easy and blowing something off the table wasn't much fun). The miracle challenge was okay and I liked the live challenge. It's really the panellists that made me enjoy it though. Noel getting a lizard costume was so Noel. 

I feel like the downfall of Champions will be that it's short, so they won't develop as much of a rapport with one another. And I feel like a lot of them won't be as wild as some contestants we've seen in other seasons. Rob, Josh and Katherine all feel like people who take it relatively safe. 

Justified is really good. Love Walton Goggins and Timothy Olymphant in that.

I read the other day that Netflix has picked up Fargo S3 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 for UK from next month, which is excellent news. I recently finished season 2 of Fargo and have been desperate to see the next installment, it's such a fulfilling show.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Adam said:

I read the other day that Netflix has picked up Fargo S3 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 for UK from next month, which is excellent news. I recently finished season 2 of Fargo and have been desperate to see the next installment, it's such a fulfilling show.

Exactly the two things I am waiting for to show up on Canadian Netflix. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kevin "McD"allister said:

Anybody watch Taskmaster: Champion of Champions?

Reveal hidden contents

I really like how competitive some of the earlier champions (like Katherine Ryan) are.  Like, the last series ended in a group hug and Katherine comes out trying to make sure she gets points and no one else does, I love it.

I have the same reservations about it that you do, especially the length, but hey they're also filming another series of regular Taskmaster so at least we have that to look forward to.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:28, Lars Kuyt said:

Going to start watching Jean Claude van Johnson today and I'll bet that I will have a wonderful time!

It's so much fun. Better than I thought it would be.

• Like 1

I heard about it but didn't look into it. I just read what the show is actually about and that it's only six episodes. I could get into that.

18 hours ago, Adam said:

I love S1 and S2 of Fargo, I have had the third on my Sky box since whenever it aired over here but for some reason can't bring myself to start it. I think it's because I know it needs my undivided attention.

Yeah I thought that, there were probably only half a dozen gags in there, the rest was a fairly sincere Next Generation homage even down to the fadey cuts etc. It wasn't horrible, but it was kind of just there. 

11 hours ago, Santa with Benjles said:

I love S1 and S2 of Fargo, I have had the third on my Sky box since whenever it aired over here but for some reason can't bring myself to start it. I think it's because I know it needs my undivided attention.

I also think it's the only season of the show where there's a real "you have to see through the weaker portion" thing going on. Halfway through the season a certain character shows up and shit takes off, but the first half is a whole lot of table-setting that spends a lot of time with a plot element that I don't think is all that interesting.