General Television Thread

Hellfire

tbh I think the funniest thing in season three thusfar isn't even a thing that's in an episode itself but rather

Spoiler

That in the wake of Rebecca realizing that Josh isn't actually that important in the grand scheme of things, the title of the episode airing this Friday gets his name wrong.

21 minutes ago, Benji said:

Wait, they had a two week break just to air the midseason finale by itself? What's the point? >_>

I feel like shows usually don't air new episodes on Thanksgiving weekend. Absolutely no clue why there wasn't a show last week.

You know what show needs a remake? Sliders.

That show was amazing, had a great concept, and for a sci-fi was relatively low budget since it was just "alternate earths". You could even start it in one of the alternate earths and have one (or more) of the episodes finish the story of what happened to the original Sliders.

Heck, comic book shows are all the rage - have FOX make an Exiles TV show in their X-Men universe and finish Sliders there for me since the concepts are the same :shifty:

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Taskmaster. My old tablet wouldn't let me install UKTV Play or whatever, but the new one does.

anyway, it's the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. I went through two seasons in two days. So good.

• Like 3

So Psych: The Movie aired this week...was it good?

tumblr_m61nqjL92Z1qb67tjo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I need to catch that. Having no cable sucks sometimes.

Also, I finished Big Mouth and BoJack season 3. BoJack season 3's last two episodes were depressing as fuck, holy shit.

More elaborate thoughts on Big Mouth, though:

Spoiler

In general I liked it, but there were some things I could do without. The Ghost of Duke Ellington as a character did not click with me at all, and at certain times it felt like the Hormone Monster was just being crowbarred into otherwise good episodes just to make some dumb gross joke. The less of both of those characters, the better imo.

Also, Jay as a character didn't really come into his own until way later in the season and I hated the whole stupid subplot in episode 6 about him fucking his pillow and getting it "pregnant". It was so stupid and seemed like it was just a way to crowbar Jay into the episode. Not to mention that, hey, we get it, Jay is a deviant and a perv and is pretty fucked up. That whole subplot felt entirely unnecessary. 

Coach Steve had some shining moments in the back half of the season.

"You think I'm interesting and a person?!"

1 minute ago, Your Cloud And Mine said:

I need to catch that. Having no cable sucks sometimes.

Also, I finished Big Mouth and BoJack season 3. BoJack season 3's last two episodes were depressing as fuck, holy shit.

More elaborate thoughts on Big Mouth, though:

Reveal hidden contents

Few options.  If you have Flash you can watch it on USA.com, just disable ad blockers.  Its also available on the Google Play store for $4.99 in HD

• Like 1