General Television Thread

Hellfire

Agreed. I loved how they inverted your expectations for a few key players in this whole Late Show thing too, especially with Jack Dahl and Jerry Seinfeld. Only on Louie will David Lynch turn out to be an old-fashioned hardass with a heart of gold and Jerry Seinfeld will be a devious asshole.

I know its possibly not what this threads for, but its tv related so fuck it. Has anyone tried one of those wireless tv sender things? I'm trying to send my cable signal upstairs to my bedroom, just wondering if anyone's got a recommendation since reviews seem mixed.

FInished Season 1 of Game of Thrones last night. This show is probably the closest I'll ever come to watching a "trashy, but I love it" show. (With the obvious exception of a lot of pro wrasslin'.) Like, it's not necessarily trashy per se, but it definitely gets off on a bit of "WHOA LOOK HOW VIOLENT AND/OR GRISLY THAT WAS" and "tits, because we can."

"tits, because we can."

Being fair, that's the HBO motto.

EDIT: Speaking of HBO, Treme has been renewed for a fourth and final season which will be abbreviated, something along the lines of six episodes, maybe less. Seeing as Treme is the only HBO series without gratuitous female nudity, clearly a lesson is to be learned here.

"tits, because we can."

Being fair, that's the HBO motto.

EDIT: Speaking of HBO, Treme has been renewed for a fourth and final season which will be abbreviated, something along the lines of six episodes, maybe less. Seeing as Treme is the only HBO series without gratuitous female nudity, clearly a lesson is to be learned here.

Fair point on the ubiquity of nudity on HBO.

As for Treme specifically, that's some bullshit. I'm very much looking forward to this third season, and I don't quite get how something like that fourth and final season decision is determined when the third hasn't even begun. Yes, I don't doubt that it's lack of sensationalism hurts it on some level, in terms of mass appeal, but this seems unreasonably premature.

The complete lack of nudity in Bored to Deaths pilot totally killed my interest. There must be more breasts later on, otherwise why is it still on?

I will find you.

I will find you and I will stuff my pillow with the grindings of your bones.

I was just kidding!

...It was the show in general that I didn't really like, not just the lack of breasts. >_> Maybe it got a lot better after the pilot?

Bored to Death was watchable in season one and then became good in season two.

As for Treme, ratings have pretty much always been fairly low. If they're suddenly up this season maybe HBO will change their mind/offer up money for a full final season for the show, but I think I've gotten the impression from interviews with David Simon that at the very most it would have lasted 5 seasons anyway and he was talking about a 4th season being the end being pretty natural anyway.

Agreed. I loved how they inverted your expectations for a few key players in this whole Late Show thing too, especially with Jack Dahl and Jerry Seinfeld. Only on Louie will David Lynch turn out to be an old-fashioned hardass with a heart of gold and Jerry Seinfeld will be a devious asshole.

Just saw it. Love that dynamic. And Amy Poehler is gonna be appearing on the finale! :w00t:

FInished Season 1 of Game of Thrones last night. This show is probably the closest I'll ever come to watching a "trashy, but I love it" show. (With the obvious exception of a lot of pro wrasslin'.) Like, it's not necessarily trashy per se, but it definitely gets off on a bit of "WHOA LOOK HOW VIOLENT AND/OR GRISLY THAT WAS" and "tits, because we can."

You need to watch the Spartacus series, makes GoT look like the Teletubbies.

Just saw it. Love that dynamic. And Amy Poehler is gonna be appearing on the finale! :w00t:

Tremendous news!

You need to watch the Spartacus series, makes GoT look like the Teletubbies.

Then . . . then I don't want to do that.

So I occasionally watch '60s Doctor Who serials (the only Doctor Who I ever watch), and the one set in the Old West is fucking hysterical. I'm usually not super-picky about accents/dialects, but there are some attempts at Southern/American accents that are pretty gloriously bad. Also for some reason whoever wrote it decided the viewers needed to listen to some lady singing about the Last Chance Saloon in between every. Single. Scene.