General Television Thread

Hellfire

Season two is pretty weird compared to season one. I think the Landry storyline has merit, mostly due to the acting, but pretty much every notable member of the team has at least one "wait what?" subplot.

Is season 2 where Smash got roid rage for one episode and then his stole steroid issue was never mentioned again.

Just finished Season 2 of Treme. Can't wait for Season 3 to start in about a month. I should have said it a long time ago, but I love seeing so many actors from The Wire pop up in this show. I'm pretty much convinced that Clarke Peters can do no wrong.

About Season 2 . . .

HARLEY!

:( That was just the saddest fucking thing.

Two episodes into FNL's second season and if you asked me at the end of season one "what could they do with each character to make you hate them all?" I probably would've said exactly what's happened to the majority <_< it's pretty much just Riggins, Smash and Jason holding up the fort at the moment but I'm sure they'll do something stupid or boring sooner or later.

Greatest news in ages, Bottom is coming back :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Next year it will be 18 years since Richard Richard “Richie Richard” Richard and Eddie Hitler last graced our television screens.

Long enough for a generation to be born, learn to walk and talk, grow up, go to school, nearly learn to read, leave school and register for job seekers’ allowance all without having experienced the wit and wisdom of two of comedy’s greatest characters.

All that is about to change as we find out what happened to two titans of comedy, Richie and Eddie. Are they still wandering round and round Hammersmith roundabout looking for a safe place to cross? Are they still living in one of the dirtiest and least hygienic flats uncondemned by Health and Safety? Are they still drinking neat furniture polish whilst hitting each other over the head with large metal objects, setting fire to each other’s private parts and other areas as they seek to impress gullible members of the opposite sex, and each other? Or are they down the pub?

No, they are abandoned, lost and shipwrecked on a tropical hell hole that is Hooligans’ Island, although they are still hitting each other over the head with large metal objects, still chasing women, (even though there are none on the island) and still waiting for that job seekers’ allowance cheque as they distil something quite like alcohol, only worse.

And they are back on BBC Two in 2013 for six new 30-minute episodes starring Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And a bit bilious.

Rik Mayall says: “How much am I getting paid? Are there any birds in it? And that horrific arse-brained Edmondson’s not in it again is he? Oh, God help me… no, no, alright then, I’ll do it. That useless, foul smelling waste of space and oxygen is really going to get it this time. This is the big one. Tell the audience to brace themselves.”

Ade Edmondson said: “It’s been a while since I last worked with that complete b****** Rik Mayall and I’m very much looking forward to bashing him about the head with various blunt objects. It’s the only language he understands.”

Commissioned by Janice Hadlow, Controller, BBC Two and Mark Freeland, Head of BBC In-House Comedy, Hooligans’ Island will be a BBC Comedy co-production with Phil McIntyre Television. It will be executive produced by Mark Freeland and produced by Jon Plowman.

Going to be glorious.

Greatest news in ages, Bottom is coming back :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Next year it will be 18 years since Richard Richard “Richie Richard” Richard and Eddie Hitler last graced our television screens.

Long enough for a generation to be born, learn to walk and talk, grow up, go to school, nearly learn to read, leave school and register for job seekers’ allowance all without having experienced the wit and wisdom of two of comedy’s greatest characters.

All that is about to change as we find out what happened to two titans of comedy, Richie and Eddie. Are they still wandering round and round Hammersmith roundabout looking for a safe place to cross? Are they still living in one of the dirtiest and least hygienic flats uncondemned by Health and Safety? Are they still drinking neat furniture polish whilst hitting each other over the head with large metal objects, setting fire to each other’s private parts and other areas as they seek to impress gullible members of the opposite sex, and each other? Or are they down the pub?

No, they are abandoned, lost and shipwrecked on a tropical hell hole that is Hooligans’ Island, although they are still hitting each other over the head with large metal objects, still chasing women, (even though there are none on the island) and still waiting for that job seekers’ allowance cheque as they distil something quite like alcohol, only worse.

And they are back on BBC Two in 2013 for six new 30-minute episodes starring Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And a bit bilious.

Rik Mayall says: “How much am I getting paid? Are there any birds in it? And that horrific arse-brained Edmondson’s not in it again is he? Oh, God help me… no, no, alright then, I’ll do it. That useless, foul smelling waste of space and oxygen is really going to get it this time. This is the big one. Tell the audience to brace themselves.”

Ade Edmondson said: “It’s been a while since I last worked with that complete b****** Rik Mayall and I’m very much looking forward to bashing him about the head with various blunt objects. It’s the only language he understands.”

Commissioned by Janice Hadlow, Controller, BBC Two and Mark Freeland, Head of BBC In-House Comedy, Hooligans’ Island will be a BBC Comedy co-production with Phil McIntyre Television. It will be executive produced by Mark Freeland and produced by Jon Plowman.

Going to be glorious.

Of all 'classic' British comedy to bring back, this is pretty much last on my list.

So, I've started in on Boardwalk Empire. I'm 2 episodes in. Not sure just yet. The first episode was cool, but very "HEY DID YOU KNOW MARTIN SCORCESE DIRECTED THIS?" The second felt a bit slower. Maybe without the Scorcese bombast the thinness is revealed? I dunno. Like I said, just two episodes in. If anyone's seen the whole series to date (or just the first season) feel free to comment.

Sidenote: The second episode was directed by Tim Van "Master Ninja" Patten, who of course has directed episodes for a bunch of great dramas, including multiple Sopranos episodes. He doesn't usually seem to have a definitive style or any definite markers of his presence, but I got kind of annoyed with the constant change of perspective in two person scenes. Like, it goes two-shot to establish, close up, other close up, two-shot, close up, two-shot, close up, close up, close up - all within about 5 sentences of dialogue. It felt so unnecessary. Maybe that's more on the editor though. I dunno. That kind of thing usually isn't so obvious to me though.

I need to play catch-up and watch Season 2. I watched season 1, was a bit underwhelmed by it, and then dropped it after that. From what I read, though, season 2 is much better.

Indeed, Season 2 is way better than Season 1. Season 1 is not terrible mind you, but the cast and setting has so much potential that I was left a bit disappointed with the first season (although Stephen Graham is awesome, just like in everythng else). Season 2 is great though and the finale is a fantastic piece of television.

Yeah, it was posted in the NBC Thursday block thread.

I've been up all night for unrelated reasons, so I plowed through all of Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire. It got gradually better. Episode 1 starts with a weird bang, episode 2 marks the low point, and from there on it inches closer to something great. The last few episodes were pretty darn good. I can totally see how Season 2 is stronger, given where the plot currently lies.

I know I said it before in here but I'm saying it again: watch Suits. Seriously, you'll thank me later when you get to Season 2.

Listen to this man. I like most of the shows on USA, but I think the first 10 episodes of this season have been incredible. This split season summer/winter crap has to end though <_<

I know I said it before in here but I'm saying it again: watch Suits. Seriously, you'll thank me later when you get to Season 2.

Listen to this man. I like most of the shows on USA, but I think the first 10 episodes of this season have been incredible. This split season summer/winter crap has to end though <_<

Unfortunately, this is how USA Network does things. They have Autumn/Spring shows, they have new Summer series, and they have Summer/Winter shows. It's mostly because it allows the actors on said shows to do other projects without it clogging up the works of the regular series. However, yes, Suits. WATCH. However you can. It's quite intelligent, and the humor isn't ever low brow.