General Television Thread

Hellfire

Season two has one of my favourite characters!

Season 2 spoilers

RIP Steve Earle's character :(

So brutal :(.

Edited by fr34k

Extras is alright. Some of it's absolutely genius and some episodes aren't so hot. Usually the celebrity guests deliver, though. And I have more appreciation for When the Whistle Blows now that I've seen commercials for British comedies that don't make it Stateside via watching Raw on skysports.

You honestly can't watch a trailer without twigging it's a parody.

My interest is piqued. It looks delightfully silly.

I dunno, some of those cop shows are just that ridiculous. I clicked by the final scene in the trailer I saw, but I would not be surprised at all if people didn't realise what it was.

A spoof of detective shows... why does that sound so... oh, right, Leslie Nielsen. Also, I've been re-watching Phineas and Ferb on Netflix. They really changed things up from the pilot to the second episode, and some of the episodes that are on there aren't in the sequence that I remember them airing. Example - caveman episode was originally followed by Excaliferb, but now it's followed by an ancient China bit.

Why is Sky advertising Touch of Cloth like it's a legit drama, when it's a parody? :huh:

It's a parody? Serious?

Yeah, Charlie Brooker doing a spoof of detective shows.

I think berober was doing a thing with Serious Parody.

(Y)

Extras is alright. Some of it's absolutely genius and some episodes aren't so hot. Usually the celebrity guests deliver, though. And I have more appreciation for When the Whistle Blows now that I've seen commercials for British comedies that don't make it Stateside via watching Raw on skysports.

Not even British people watch the comedies Sky make.

As for 'A Touch of Cloth', it was during the adverts so I naturally kinda fazed out and I dunno, played FM or something anyway, but once I heard the name 'A Touch of Cloth' I tweaked and realised I was hearing an advert for a parody. I think it looks like it'll be pretty decent too, especially because of Brooker's involvement.

Also, judging by the first episode, Friday Night Lights gets a bit heavy in the second season huh :shifty:

Season two is pretty weird compared to season one. I think the Landry storyline has merit, mostly due to the acting, but pretty much every notable member of the team has at least one "wait what?" subplot.