General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yup! Season two isn't as good, though. I'm about three episodes away from being finished on it.

Stick with it. Season 2 is the consensus low point of the series.

Yeah, I have no intention of stopping at season two, especially since it seems to be a universal "yeah this one wasn't so good." The episode where they play Laribee was fucking awesome, anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Homeland beats Breaking Bad for my number two Drama spot this year (behind Mad Men, of course).

Nearly caught up with Breaking Bad, which has been amazing. I've got to catch up with Mad Men afterwards. Skipped season two of Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones because the first seasons bored me, but I want to get caught up just in case I'm missing out on something. Then I can start new shows. From word of mouth I'm looking at Falling Skies, Terriers, Alphas, Flashpoint, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe and Grimm. Obviously I'm not going to manage them all unless I lose my job sometime soon so any in particular I should watch first? Terriers only has 13 episodes (I think) so I'll probably start with that.

Nearly caught up with Breaking Bad, which has been amazing. I've got to catch up with Mad Men afterwards. Skipped season two of Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones because the first seasons bored me, but I want to get caught up just in case I'm missing out on something. Then I can start new shows. From word of mouth I'm looking at Falling Skies, Terriers, Alphas, Flashpoint, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe and Grimm. Obviously I'm not going to manage them all unless I lose my job sometime soon so any in particular I should watch first? Terriers only has 13 episodes (I think) so I'll probably start with that.

Yeah, if you didn't like Season 1 of Game of Thrones you won't like Season 2 either probably. Boardwalk Empire improved greatly in Season 2, but still might be difficult to get through if you didn't like it before.

I can recommend Terriers and Sons of Anarchy, although Terriers will throw you into a deep depression after you're finished because you will never understand why it was canceled. I watched the first couple of episodes of Grimm and didn't enjoy it at all, but I heard it got better later on.

I liked Boardwalk Empire at first, loved it in fact, second half of season one is when my interest wavered. It isn't that I didn't like Game of Thrones either, I just didn't seem to find the same enjoyment in it that everyone else seemed to find, left me a bit cold. I'd probably like it a lot more if I forgot about the hype it has.

I'd say yes. It's a decent show in season 1, but I think it really picks up steam about halfway through season 2. It can be a little confusing to follow at times, though.

Treme is absolutely fantastic. I'm caught up now and it's really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to the next season.

Treme is great. Can't wait for season 3.

Yeah, I chose Treme specifically because it returns so soon. Boardwalk Empire will be after that, for the same reason.