General Television Thread

Hellfire

I forgot how ridiculous Quantum Leap can get. Tremendous.

Right? Unfortunately, in the final season the ridiculousness overcame the actual emotional connection and storytelling. It was one thing to have Sam adjusting to being a woman and have to navigate a corporate world full of sexual harassment, but it was another thing entirely to have Sam leap into a guy who may or may not be a vampire.

World War Z is apparently getting seven weeks of reshoots. Should've never deviated from the book form, you jackanapes.

Yep. Really bad sign. I hope it still turns out fine, though.

Bad news, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes fans! (.. me, Benji, that one guy)

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes won't be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series Marvel's Avengers Assemble in 2013.

That's from a print-only Marvel press release.

Bummer. :(

Bad news, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes fans! (.. me, Benji, that one guy)

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes won't be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series Marvel's Avengers Assemble in 2013.

That's from a print-only Marvel press release.

Bummer. :(

More in line with the movieverse I am sure

Yeah, it's probably gonna' tie in with Ultimate Spider-Man. Although if it's actually modeled after the Avengers Assemble Marvel comic series, that would be kind of cool.

avengers-assemble-roster.jpg

That's the mockup of an Avengers Assemble poster.

Also, in more cartoon news, Cartoon Network is adding a new Teen Titans show to their DC Nation saturday morning block. It's being billed as "action-comedy" and I believe is being done by the same people that do the current (awesome) Teen Titans shorts on DC Nation, so I'll probably start watching that as well.

And now, veering so far off the course that I may as well be screaming "O'DOYLE RULES!":

The Wire, Season 1, Episode 12

I get the feeling Wallace is going to be making it out of this season alive. :( Bummer. I really like him.