General Television Thread

Hellfire

I didn't. It's what I wanted.

Ah, common, the show and houses character have always been about games and swerves.

Admittedly this has been one of their weaker swerves for reasons stated before... but still. The more time they spend on Foreman and Wilson not helping house the more you knew that he was going to fake his death in that fire.

If you want to see how the story could conclude go watch the German movie "knocking on heavens door" by Till Schweiger. (English subs should be available)

House Finale:

Yeah, I've been deeply invested in House more than the average viewer for a long time, and that finale crossed two lines that left it very unsatisfying: it was implausible and a thematic cop-out. The show often dealt with the implausible, but rarely - if ever - to this extent. I could no longer suspend disbelief. That might have been forgivable if it weren't to set up such a saccharine (for House) conclusion. The show has long been about accepting life's harsher truths, and that finale was an exercise in denial. Yes, Wilson will die in a few months and House will likely go to jail for a few years at some point after that. So much of the harsh reality that's implied now just drifts off into some undetermined world off-screen. I'm not saying that it had to end on "everything is doom and gloom, why ever try?" but this ended up as a dishonest exercise in denial.

I agree with Josh and Cloudy regarding House.

The rainbows and happiness ending was so different to the entire mood of the series, basically. Saccharine is exactly the thought I had to describe it too. Didn't necessarily want it to go out on a depressing note but a more gritty feel would've fitted better, as opposed to them just sticking him in a burning building to have him evaluate his life and affirm that life is awesome and worth living for, and have these hallucinations seemingly just to get as many former cast members into the episode as they could. House contemplating just letting himself die goes against the stuff he's told patients in so many episodes as well. For me it'd make sense to have something more in line with his principles than have him doubt everything he stands for just so he can come out as a human capable of love or whatever.

Edited by Pesci

Grey's Anatomy Season 2 finale spoilers...

Feel kind of let down by this show. It started out with four pretty headstrong women who were more interesting than almost all the male characters, but by the end of this season, all but one has become an emotional stereotype. It's not even slowly happened, it's really sudden for each character. Stories are still good, but I find myself much less endeared to Meredith and Izzy, both of whom seemed to be genuinely well written and layered characters until the mid-point of this season.

Still, loving George, Christina, Burke, and Callie.

Watched the Revenge finale on DVR...

They're getting out of the Hamptons for Season 2, apparently. The way I see it, S2 is the hunt for Emily's mother, and the subsequent seasons are about taking down the people that are ultimately responsible for the Grayson's involvement in David Clarke's framing and murder. I've loved the series (except for the whole Tyler thing, which sort of felt like it was a deus ex machina for the middle part of the show.

I'm also really glad that Nolan was just attacked and kidnapped. Though the guy with the white hair suddenly knowing

As far as non-spoilers go, man I hope that this series lasts for a while. They definitely have enough material.

I was recently bowled over when I learned that Quantum Leap (hooray!), Magnum P.I. (sure, okay), and NCIS ( . . . the fuuuuuuck) were all created by the same guy. I still don't know what to do with this knowledge. It will not leave my brain.

I was recently bowled over when I learned that Quantum Leap (hooray!), Magnum P.I. (sure, okay), and NCIS ( . . . the fuuuuuuck) were all created by the same guy. I still don't know what to do with this knowledge. It will not leave my brain.

I was recently chuffed to learn that Father Ted and The IT Crowd are both from the same dude.

I like the word chuffed. I hope it becomes the subject of a rap song.

JAG and Airwolf too!

I was recently chuffed to learn that Father Ted and The IT Crowd are both from the same dude.

I like the word chuffed. I hope it becomes the subject of a rap song.

Black Books is an other one. If you have ever watched that. Man I'm a huge Graham Linehan fan.

He's basically 1 for 5. 6, if you count NCIS: Other People. It makes Quantum Leap this odd anomaly that defies explanation.

3 for 6. Just because you don't like military crime dramas (or regular ones, apparently) by the guy doesn't mean that they're all poor. I would say 4 for 6, but I never watched a full season of JAG (albeit I did like episodes I have seen), so I'm only counting QL, Magnum, and NCIS. However, NCIS: LA isn't my cup of tea - though that might be more that practically every character had past events that really messed with them (although some of those have been resolved).

Either way, I will admit that I would have loved to see another season of Quantum Leap - if they had continued it, it seemed like they were going to go with each episode having a little more continuity between each other, possibly with Sam leaping in to somebody's life, only to discover that he has to solve so many issues to make things right that he has to stay that same person for months. Six episode arcs... now that would have been an interesting change.

He's basically 1 for 5. 6, if you count NCIS: Other People. It makes Quantum Leap this odd anomaly that defies explanation.

3 for 6. Just because you don't like military crime dramas (or regular ones, apparently) by the guy doesn't mean that they're all poor. I would say 4 for 6, but I never watched a full season of JAG (albeit I did like episodes I have seen), so I'm only counting QL, Magnum, and NCIS. However, NCIS: LA isn't my cup of tea - though that might be more that practically every character had past events that really messed with them (although some of those have been resolved).

Either way, I will admit that I would have loved to see another season of Quantum Leap - if they had continued it, it seemed like they were going to go with each episode having a little more continuity between each other, possibly with Sam leaping in to somebody's life, only to discover that he has to solve so many issues to make things right that he has to stay that same person for months. Six episode arcs... now that would have been an interesting change.

Sam should leap into the body of someone on NCIS LA, make a call to someone on NCIS, who calls the (used to be at least) hot JAG chick, who calls her favorite uncle, Magnum. I'd watch that episode.