General Television Thread

Hellfire

Went to watch the first episode of the new season of The Challenge on MTV, when I saw they have a new professional wrestling documentary show. Following Gabe Sapolsky, Darby Allin, MVP, etc. After watching the first episode, I do recommend checking it out. 

Edited by Tkasto
  • Like 1

Speaking of MTV shows, the previews for this past season of Catfish seemed to hint that amongst the firsts, they were going to have an episode where they actually didn't catch the Catfish. That didn't happen. 

10 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

R.I.P. 

She was also on Overhaulin', and I am more familiar with her from that than from Mythbusters. 

Honestly, I was mistaken about who I was thinking of.  I had actually been thinking of Scottie Chapman.  It took me a bit to remember Jessi was the woman who filled in for Kari when she was out on maternity leave

Yes, she was. According to  IMDB, she was on 7 episodes of Mythbusters, 8 episodes of Overhaulin'. I only saw one or two episodes of Mythbusters with her, but probably 5 of Overhaulin'.

Its a shame the B-Tean's Netflix series, the White Rabbit Project, only got one season.

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

Yes, she was. According to  IMDB, she was on 7 episodes of Mythbusters, 8 episodes of Overhaulin'. I only saw one or two episodes of Mythbusters with her, but probably 5 of Overhaulin'.

Its a shame the B-Tean's Netflix series, the White Rabbit Project, only got one season.

Did you watch it?  I loved Kari, Tory and Grant, but the White Rabbit Project was....not good

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Apparently Ballers is doing an e-sports thing next season. I'm interested in that. People! Would I like this show?

Do you like watching the Rock wear dope suits, sleep with incredibly beautiful women and screw up all the time yet end up on top? Then this is the show for you!

Kinda helps if you've seen the previous seasons, too. Keep in mind the esports storyline will be a minor one, compared to the two main arcs that'll happen this season. Plus add in that there's several other characters that have their own stories happening too. So it'll only get like 5ish minutes an episode, probably. Soemtimes a little more, but it won't ever be the main focus. It's a football show, first and foremost.

32 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Do you like watching the Rock wear dope suits, sleep with incredibly beautiful women and screw up all the time yet end up on top? Then this is the show for you!

I gave up shortly into season two when I realised it was just pricks being pricks and never getting a comeuppance.

Not even the Rock's genuine likeability could get me past that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

"8 to 12 players" line still kills me.

This should be green too, how did this happen?

• Like 1

Didn't even know S3 of GLOW was out on Netflix

On 27/08/2019 at 09:44, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

My issue with the way he words everything is that he says he doesn't hate transgender people and that people can do whatever they want, but then his jokes invalidate that belief. He punches down instead of punching up. And he did the latter so well in his prime, which is why it's so disappointing to see him make trans jokes and defend sexual abusers. 

It is easier to punch down. 

Finishing up Hulu's Catch-22 mini series.  6 episodes.  Really liked it.  Never read the book or watched the original movie so I liked coming into it fresh