General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've caught up on Newsroom (including tonight's episode). Love it.

I should be able to start The Wire tomorrow morning and knock out 5 episodes this week too. Kinda excited.

Also, Louie was great as usual this week.

Fucking loved seeing Maria Bamford on it. I have a crush on that funny, funny lady.

Weeds has been pretty decent this series. I was just watching because of a lack of other shows and habit, but it's actually been fun.

If you're going to make excuses about your TV viewing, at least come up with a better one than that :P. This summer actually has a ridiculous amount of quality shows going on right now, specifically on Sundays (aka the day that Weeds airs).

I'm disappointed in you, sir. :(

Weeds has been pretty decent this series. I was just watching because of a lack of other shows and habit, but it's actually been fun.

If you're going to make excuses about your TV viewing, at least come up with a better one than that :P. This summer actually has a ridiculous amount of quality shows going on right now, specifically on Sundays (aka the day that Weeds airs).

I'm disappointed in you, sir. :(

I'm currently only watching Breaking Bad, Weeds, True Blood, Wilfred and Louie. That's not to say there isn't other stuff on, but that's all the stuff that interests me to some degree, and honestly only really Breaking Bad has kept me wanting more.

The fact that you either A. can't be bothered anymore or B. don't even know that Leverage is back is perhaps the most disappointing fact of all.

And you should really check out Suits. The first season is really solid but this second season has just been tremendous. On the surface, it looks like your typical breezy, easy-to-watch USA show but is actually smartly written and surprisingly intense. Oh and it features Gale Boetticher!

The fact that you either A. can't be bothered anymore or B. don't even know that Leverage is back is perhaps the most disappointing fact of all.

And you should really check out Suits. The first season is really solid but this second season has just been tremendous. On the surface, it looks like your typical breezy, easy-to-watch USA show but is actually smartly written and surprisingly intense. Oh and it features Gale Boetticher!

I'm like two series behind on Leverage and the idea of more Gina Bellman just keeps making me put it off. :( If I had like 5 days a week to sit around and do nothing but watch TV like I did when I started watching Leverage, I'd probably be up to date, but only really having 1-2 days to watch stuff means I've fallen behind or just stopped with a lot of shows. Same with Suits, if I had more time I'd probably have checked it out.

Fair enough but when you say that you're caught up on shows like Weeds and True Blood (even though I'm still watching it too, unfortunately), it leads me to believe you're running out of things to watch. <_<

Fair enough but when you say that you're caught up on shows like Weeds and True Blood (even though I'm still watching it too, unfortunately), it leads me to believe you're running out of things to watch. <_<

Oh how very right you are. True Blood is pretty much hanging on by a thread right now. Granted that thread is connected to Deborah Ann Woll, so it's hanging on tight.

Working on season two of FNL now. I honestly don't know if there's a more underrated acting performance on TV in the last decade than Zach Gilford as Matt Saracen.

And Glenn "Aaron Pierce" Morshower as Landry's dad is perfect casting.

Working on season two of FNL now. I honestly don't know if there's a more underrated acting performance on TV in the last decade than Zach Gilford as Matt Saracen.

Are you watching it on Sky Atlantic, Goggles?

Are you watching it on Sky Atlantic, Goggles?

I'm watching it on Netflix. Pretty sure I have only ever watched Sky Atlantic when that's what the Monday Night Raw stream has been on.

Just finished the Buffy rewatch with my wife, who had never seen it. Still just as good after all this time.

And I really don't get the hate for seasons 6 and 7... especially 6.

• Like 1