General Television Thread

Hellfire

Okay, so I started watching Episodes and Mr. Sunshine because I was wondering what the Friends people were doing nowadays. I like both shows, is that bad? I've watched like 4 episodes of Episodes and like one of Mr. Sunshine. Episodes is pretty okay, I laughed quite a bit, but Mr. Sunshine only gave me a few laughs. I like it probably because Perry is in it though :(

Episode 10 of The Wire

Kima!!!

:crying:

Although, I just kinda spoiled it for myself that she lives. I checked IMDB how to spell her name and bam! She's in it for all 60 episodes.

I seriously didn't know that this show came out in 2002, crazy.

I'm actually intrigued. Although it seems less Green Arrow, more Bruce Wayne as an Archer.

That's actually pretty close to Green Arrow's origin story, IIRC

I'm actually intrigued. Although it seems less Green Arrow, more Bruce Wayne as an Archer.

That's actually pretty close to Green Arrow's origin story, IIRC

With the exception of him having no sister, they got it mainly right from the comics.

Also as for HIMYM

Barney is the groom and Robin is the bride for anyone who thinks they were flirting with the notion that Robin is marrying Ted. Also the show was renewed for two more years, so I wouldn't expect to meet the mom anytime next year either. Although I wish it was Victoria.

Episode 10 of The Wire

Kima!!!

:crying:

Although, I just kinda spoiled it for myself that she lives. I checked IMDB how to spell her name and bam! She's in it for all 60 episodes.

I seriously didn't know that this show came out in 2002, crazy.

I had HBO the entire time The Wire was on the air and had no clue about it. HBO never really promoted it that much and yet it somehow got 5 seasons and the reputation as the greatest show of all-time.

It's pretty late but I echo the argument about giving SoA a few episodes. The first 6 or 7 are pretty dull but it starts getting good at episode 8

I just watched the trailer for The Last Resort. Holy hell that looks awesome, plus I'm likely to give Shawn Ryan a chance on anything (unless he happened to be behind a remake of Beauty And The Beast...wait I am going to watch that too so never mind).

The Mindy Project looks really funny. Like really funny! The Neighbors does not.

666 Park Avenue I want to watch at least a few times. Locke as the devil or some demon? Yeah I want to try that one.

Fuck off NBC! Revolution looks good and god knows you will squander and waste it on a season long mystery that won't get answered while you drag out the show with boring filler episodes. Still, I will try it (after like 8 episodes so I know if it's going to make it or not past midseason). Plus it was developed and is being run by Eric Kripke and I love Supernatural (well, I like it a lot nowadays but I loved it during his time as showrunner).

Vegas looks good, which would make it possibly the third show on CBS I watch (the first is the HIMYM and the second is the totally awesome Person Of Interest).

Last Resort and Revolution look fantastic, definitely check those out. 666 Park Avenue looks interesting, but I can't help but feel like it's going to end up being a better idea than an actual show. I'll check it out, but it definitely looks like it could go either way.

A better few this time around than last year, when every channel was just trying to piece together a new Lost.

Last Resort and Revolution look fantastic, definitely check those out. 666 Park Avenue looks interesting, but I can't help but feel like it's going to end up being a better idea than an actual show. I'll check it out, but it definitely looks like it could go either way.

A better few this time around than last year, when every channel was just trying to piece together a new Lost.

Probably right on 666, but I was intrigued by Locke (I keep forgetting his real name) in this role.

I'm also so sad that I want to watch this Beauty And The Beast remake. It doesn't even look good, I've never seen the Linda Hamilton/Ron Perlman show this is based on, and yet I will try it and probably mock it and keep watching it.

Also, has anyone here seen Revenge? I keep hearing how deliciously fun and trashy it is. Worth a shot?

Terry O'Quinn! And yeah, I just look forward to seeing him in something again. I'm still sad that Josh Holloway hasn't made his way into films or another cool TV show. I know he was in Mission Impossible for 30 seconds, but that doesn't count. >_>

Ian Somerhalder being (probably, I forget what some are doing now) the biggest name coming out of Lost makes me sad. Very sad. Because fuck Boone. Stupid Boone.

Terry O'Quinn! And yeah, I just look forward to seeing him in something again. I'm still sad that Josh Holloway hasn't made his way into films or another cool TV show. I know he was in Mission Impossible for 30 seconds, but that doesn't count. >_>

Ian Somerhalder being (probably, I forget what some are doing now) the biggest name coming out of Lost makes me sad. Very sad. Because fuck Boone. Stupid Boone.

Your words about Boone hurt me to my very soul! Plus Vampire Diaries is a good (so sad I am) show damn you.

Thank you, yes Terry O'Quinn. I've loved him since Stepfather and his appearances on every show Chris Carter ever made.

Josh Holloway is a star with great screen presence and I can not figure out how for the life of me he hasn't exploded into something yet. I read Ryan Reynolds is up for the Highlander remake recently and my initial thought was "FUCK YOU REYNOLDS HIRE SAWYER!" Although apparently he is the star of something called "Battle Of The Year: The Dream Team" with Chris Brown.

Also Ben is the costar of Person Of Interest (great show and he rocks in it), Jin is on Hawaii Five'0 (I've never watched it but it's a huge show for CBS), and Kate is in the upcoming Hobbit movies. Oh and Desmond was on Fringe! (I love Desmond still.)

Yeah, I would say it is. Revenge is a really solid soap-drama. It's not as trashy (or is in a different way at least) as some of the other primetime soaps but it's probably better for that.

Oh and I think I've made it known how much I enjoy Vampire Diaries. It's a supernatural show that has balls, something that can't always be said about a certain supernatural show on HBO.

Yeahhh, I've heard good things about Vampire Diaries but fuck, the first episode really didn't do anything good for me.

Yeah, the first episode is pretty terrible. They do away with the whole diary voiceover thing pretty quickly though. I would suggest sticking with it because it gets balls-to-the-wall awesome as it progresses. Seriously, they go through major plot developments in a matter of a few episodes the way some shows use an entire season to do.