General Television Thread

Hellfire

Dude, it's NBC. It would have to be a massive disaster for that to happen.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. This could be mildly okay and they'd probably run it as their main big show. Because what the hell else do they have? >_>

You say that like its ever stopped them before.

I saw the 'March Sadness' bit earlier, and it made me chuckle, I just don't know how far you can take it past it's original premise. But who knows, if there's nothing else to watch, it doesn't seem horrible.

So, just read that their axing CSI: Miami and renewing CSI and CSI: New York.

Not that I'm a major CSI fan or anything, but Miami was the best of the trio. Why axe that, but keep the dull-as-dishwater New York on?

HIMYM season finale spoiler:

I see Russo still has the book.

:(

Well, honestly...

I didn't see anything that happened in that episode as a swerve. Well, except for Ted hijacking a woman set to be married when you already know she isn't the mom, but even that swerve was like, "They still have no clue what to do beyond ditching her wedding. I bet next season starts with Ted doing that whole, 'motel quickie then get her back to her wedding' plan." But the rest was fairly predictable. Barney's treatment of the stripper situation, and their mutual passive aggression (the inside of Tinker Bell's vagina? Really?) almost immediately point to that relationship's eventual self-destruction, meaning that Robin being revealed as Barney's bride wasn't that surprising.

However, next season had better be the last one, because they've already revealed that

there's only two years before Ted gets somebody pregnant, and if it turns out that his daughter was the result of a one night stand, I am going to be so disappointed.

Guest mr. potato head

HIMYM season finale spoiler:

I see Russo still has the book.

:(

Well, honestly...

I didn't see anything that happened in that episode as a swerve. Well, except for Ted hijacking a woman set to be married when you already know she isn't the mom, but even that swerve was like, "They still have no clue what to do beyond ditching her wedding. I bet next season starts with Ted doing that whole, 'motel quickie then get her back to her wedding' plan." But the rest was fairly predictable. Barney's treatment of the stripper situation, and their mutual passive aggression (the inside of Tinker Bell's vagina? Really?) almost immediately point to that relationship's eventual self-destruction, meaning that Robin being revealed as Barney's bride wasn't that surprising.

However, next season had better be the last one, because they've already revealed that

there's only two years before Ted gets somebody pregnant, and if it turns out that his daughter was the result of a one night stand, I am going to be so disappointed.

It's not a good sign when you don't see 'the woman Barney is marrying isn't the one he proposed to five minutes ago' as a swerve, IMO.

So, just read that their axing CSI: Miami and renewing CSI and CSI: New York.

Not that I'm a major CSI fan or anything, but Miami was the best of the trio. Why axe that, but keep the dull-as-dishwater New York on?

Because after a decade with the majority of the same cast, Miami was far more expensive than NY

Anyone else sometimes have marathons of shit like Toddlers and Tiaras, or Hoarders? Or, well, basically anything on TLC? I know it's terrible, but just watch a few episodes of shows like that and you feel so much better. You feel grateful to just not... be those people.

That's more or less my version of hell. I have to actively restrain my rage when such shows are discussed among my friends as a "guilty pleasure" or something.