General Television Thread

Hellfire

Well FOX ended up canceling The Finder, last night being the series finale. Really hate that they made that decision, because it was such a fun show. It was doing pretty good ratings in its old timeslot, and it was only when they decided to move it to Fridays for whatever reason that it started dipping down (but apparently still the same as/better than Fringe).

The series finale really made it feel like it was over, though.

Did anybody else enjoy the show by chance?

Edited by Vitamin E

Well FOX ended up canceling The Finder, last night being the series finale. Really hate that they made that decision, because it was such a fun show. It was doing pretty good ratings in its old timeslot, and it was only when they decided to move it to Fridays for whatever reason that it started dipping down (but apparently still the same as/better than Fringe).

It moved to Fridays because the ratings were terrible.

For those wanting to keep track of renewals/cancellations...

Here.

A lot of the shows I watched this year have been cancelled, but I'm not exactly complaining, since it was a very mediocre year for new shows. I think only Once Upon a Time and Pan Am are shows that I'd have been genuinely disappointed to see cancelled, and one of them has survived. Still yet to see Person of Interest, mind.

I shouldn't have said ratings since I was looking at the number of viewers <_<. Though I doubt that makes much of a difference. I didn't look at what some of the shows it was up against before it moved to Fridays, only looked up the viewers it and Fringe were pulling in relatively quickly (even though Fringe is an established series on the network). Even though I was just waiting for the cancelled notice when it moved to Friday's, still a bit of a surprise.

Glad to see Once Upon a Time renewed. I've really been enjoying it. With some more time opening up in my TV schedule I may try getting around to checking out Hawaii Five-0 if it's available. Remember wanting to check it out before it started to air but never got around to actually doing so.

Really, Pan Am? :P

The concept was great, and if they took focus a little away from the cabin staff trying to get each other off and more onto some of the world issues of the time, it could've been even better. Of course, I'm under no illusions, people are frustrating and get excited over the almost incestuous nature of TV shows and their characters, so it'd never happen. Plus, I loved all the characters, some of the single episode plots were great.

Pan Am could have been a good show. There were moments in the episodes I watched where it was.

It's been sort of a quiet season for new shows for me, as I've realized, though Homeland is amazing, and Key & Peele is quite funny if sometimes uneven as sketch shows usually are. Apartment 23 and Up All Night both have promise though the latter's squandered a lot of it, and Legend of Korra has a lot of potential but hasn't had that one big "oh fuck this is awesome" episode yet.

Keep hearing good things about Key and Peele, may have to check it out. I just feel like I remember one of them from MADtv or some other unfunny show, which has put me off watching it. That and I don't really watch TV on a TV set much, so I don't tune in to Comedy Central.

You are correct in remembering them from MADtv. The cast of MADtv tends to be exponentially funnier when they're on anything but MADtv, really.

I did :(

Dammit. I was really enjoying Finder too.

I was bitching about Up All Night, seems I got it confused with Man Up, which is SHIT. Haven't watched Up All Night.

Guest mr. potato head

To be fair, Man Up All Night *would* be a pretty crappy TV show. Not nearly as good as Modern Family Ties or King Of The Hill Street Blues.

To be fair, Man Up All Night *would* be a pretty crappy TV show.

Pretty sure this show was called Insomniac. Insomniac was awesome.

EDIT: Bernard Wooley has rapidly become one of my favorite TV characters ever.

Got halfway through the first season of Breakout Kings, but couldn't go any further. Got sick of the continual use of shitty cop drama logic and horrible character interaction. I never saw Prison Break, but considering it's apparently made by the same people and set in the same universe, I don't think I'll be rushing into doing so any time soon.

The first few episodes of Studio 60 are really fucking good. I rewatched them the other day and they're just brilliant, I really wish that show would have got a longer run - I still think it includes the best pilot ever. This reminds me that I need to start watching West Wing again, I only got half way through the first season.

Got halfway through the first season of Breakout Kings, but couldn't go any further. Got sick of the continual use of shitty cop drama logic and horrible character interaction. I never saw Prison Break, but considering it's apparently made by the same people and set in the same universe, I don't think I'll be rushing into doing so any time soon.

Breakout Kings is a decent show, the second season is much better than the first (with quite a surprising moment in the opening episode of Season 2). Of course though the greatest thing about it is Jimmi Simpson.

It's not a touch on Prison Break, but still a decent show.