The England thread

I only know anyway because I was going to do a double on San Marino +6 and Gibraltar +5 that would pay out just over 3/1. I didn't do it and now regret it big time heading into tomorrow's match :(

Unless Gibraltar win!

In my day, players had to run to and from away games both domestically and internationally. In their bare feet, through the snow!

Didn't do them no harm. Lousy kids.

Wasn't quite like that, though. He said the working man doesn't want to hear that, which I kind of get. I think what Sterling did was 100% right, if he isn't right to start, then he should say. I think the only bit of controversy from the public is gonna be that he decided to do it for England instead of Liverpool.

I find it funny that people are complaining at all. Well done to Sterling for saying enough is enough.

You'd think people would learn from the time Liverpool and England collectively broke Michael Owen and realise neither party would want the same thing happen to Sterling.

• Like 1

It sure has distracted people from the fact that England sort of stumbled their way to a 1-0 win over Estonia. Roy Hodgson has a remarkable skill for being a sub-par manager and getting away with it.

It sure has distracted people from the fact that England sort of stumbled their way to a 1-0 win over Estonia. Roy Hodgson has a remarkable skill for being a sub-par manager and getting away with it.

At least we won, unlike Spain, Germany and Holland.

• Like 3

At least we won, unlike Spain, Germany and Holland.

Spain lost to Slovakia, Germany lost to Poland, Holland lost to Iceland - all better teams than Estonia.

But at the same time Hodgson has thrown Raheem Sterling under a bus, had to apologize comments about Wayne Rooney and had a public spat with the Liverpool manager over Daniel Sturridge. He failed to get England out of the Group Stages of the World Cup - which had to be below expectations? Yet his job was secure. If he weren't English he'd have lost his job by now.