The England thread

The same Liverpool that since Hodgson left, that it would've finished 2nd if only matches after his departure counted?

And if Liverpool started the season this year then they'd be in the relegation zone.

I honestly don't get this line of thinking, it's very easy to isolate results to super positive or super negative runs.

There is no way to prove that Dalglish wouldn't have done a better job than Hodgeson, but instead we're judging his new manager syndrome vs a manager who couldn't get out of a rut after a bad start. Look how badly Dalglish started to do when the shit hit the fan, but because he had a good start he's just having an "unlucky run"'.

In other news, Germany might be boycotting Euro 2012 unless the Ukraine sorts out it's human rights record.

So chances are, as long as Ukraine keeps being shits and more teams boycott we might actually win the bloody thing :D

Germany's politicians are threatening not to attend. The team is not threatening to quit the competition.

Whatever about the Dalglish/Hodgson comparisons. Hodgson failed to withstand press pressure and scrutiny at the level of Liverpool (which has a lot of comparisons with the England job in that there is an idea of great expectation that comes with the job from media outlets if not by and large from the fanbase). From that perspective his time at Liverpool may well be a microcosm of things to come with England. I could see him not lasting Euros.

I think signing Paul Konchesky might just disprove any theory that suggests Roy Hodgson has an intellect. :shifty:

• Like 1

Disgusting behaviour with these negative stereotypes :angry:

The thing with Roy is it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper for the FA to get him then fork out a lot of money in compenstation to Spurs. I think in terms of the whole England setup Roy might be good for the FA in terms of the new National Football Centre that is meant to be opening up later in the year and in working with the national squad at multiple levels.

But really lets be honest, they only went with Roy because the FA don't wanna pay several million to get Redknapp whereas Hodgson will cost nothing.

Wasn't it the case that they needed a left back at very short notice and Hodgson signed someone he knew to fill it short term? I could well be wrong, but he wouldn't be the first or last manager to do so.

Thinking about it, Harry Redknapp is far to savvy to take the England job. He knows it would be the death knell to his career. Hodgson can always go back to managing in Norway or some other minor European league, if and when he gets the sack.

Also I like this part of his wiki entry relating to Inter losing the UEFA Cup final to Stuttgart in 1997:

When the German underdogs won the final in Milan on penalties, Inter fans pelted Hodgson with coins and lighters.
  • Like 1

Wasn't it the case that they needed a left back at very short notice and Hodgson signed someone he knew to fill it short term? I could well be wrong, but he wouldn't be the first or last manager to do so.

Get out the way before you're impaled on a pitchfork or set on fire from a torch.

What I take from that is that Inter fans are douches.

What I took was confusion, didn't Schalke win that cup?

Are they not German underdogs >_>?

Ah, missed the Stuttgart bit. Yeah, I thought it was Schalke too.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City