The England thread

Robben is still a beast, good to see. Felt we didn't play that well, sloppy with passes at times and missed opportunities to send Robben away. Our brief moments of class were good enough to win. Huntelaar sitting up with grass in his mouth is the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time. Also, the moment Cahill scored an offside goal I knew England would come back into the game.

Leighton Baines showing Robben onto his left foot :lol:

He didn't even let Robben go to his left foot much. Like they said after the game, against 99% of all players nothing would have happened but Robben is just pure class.

He didn't even let Robben go to his left foot much. Like they said after the game, against 99% of all players nothing would have happened but Robben is just pure class.

He gave him loads of space. As you said, Robben is class, and he's hardly an unknown, so I'm not sure why Baines felt like he could show him onto that side and give him a bit of space in front of him. It was really, really bad defending. Not quite as bad as Cahill and Smalling both chasing the striker for the first goal, but still pretty poor.

Huntelaar played the defenders like a fiddle for that first goal. He did more in that 15 minutes he was on the field than some English players will probably do in their entire international careers.

EDIT: PS - Glad to see Campbell get a run out, if only because of injury withdrawals. He also became a dad today as well, so a decent day for him you'd guess.

Edited by IAceI

Going from what all the journos I follow on Twitter, the Dutch press are unhappy with the performance and Holland playing two holding midfielders.

We like to complain about football, a lot. Despite our impressive performances time and time again. People feel the performance wasn't great, but not because of two holding midfielders. We were just sloppy, can do much better.

• 1 month later...

Good ol' Redknapp, leaving every club he's ever left in a bloody mess and responsible for Relegating Southampton.

See, two people can play that game. Hodgeson has international experience and has won more than Redknapp could ever dream about. I think it's time we stopped assassinating his character because he couldn't perform miracles and save Liverpool.

• Like 4

The same Liverpool that since Hodgson left, that it would've finished 2nd if only matches after his departure counted?

• Like 1

I completely agree. Redknapp isn't good enough either.

Woy couldn't perform anything anywhere. Aside from winning a couple of league titles in Scandinavia he's won nothing. When it really counted, he underachieved at Inter and failed at Blackburn and Liverpool.

• Like 1

I can only wonder how long the media will cover his ass verses the media scrutiny that the England team always seems to get.

Meh, with the media backing the FA into a 'must be English' corner Woys the best of a bad bunch. I'd like to see him get a chance at very least, but no doubt he'll be barracked by the papers the second he does something deemed controversial by the press, like remove some of the old guard that people have been clamouring for.

It's better than Allardyce.