The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Tom Renney is the new Oilers head coach.

I think habs overpaid for Plekanec, but considering how weak the market is right now for free agents, I think Plekanec would've landed the same deal elsewhere.

Edited by thisgamewelose

That would've put him at 5.5 per year. Very, very close. When I look at Plekanec, I don't see more than a 4mil, and that's being nice.

12+ in their top 2 centers is extremely high, especially when this isn't Crosby, malkin.

Tom Renney is the new Oilers head coach.

This is a stupid move. You hire a guy and then fire him because your starting goaltender got hurt/drunk and couldn't play? Rediculous.

You heard wrong. His press conference really didn't say that at all when he said "This was not my decision... they might have told Tom about a succession plan, but not me... I never intended to be an interim coach."

Big trade - Chicago has moved Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Akim Aliu to the Thrashers for the 24th and 54th picks overall, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

I think this is a good trade for both teams. Sopel deserved more minutes then he was and would have got in Chicago and Byfuglien might be turning the corner if his playoff run is an indicator. If not, he is still a big body to put up front on the powerplay. Eager is a useful fighter and Aliu is still a prospect.

Chicago sold high on Byfuglien and got some good picks. More importantly, they cleared cap space. This should allow them to keep the rest of the team together.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This is actually a really good trade for three teams. Morin has a worse chance of sticking in the NHL with the Hawks, making it more likely he'll go back to Kitchener to wingman them to a Memorial Cup. (H)

When do you ever hear NHL reserve lists come in play?

• Like 1

Outside of EHM obviously. :P

(side note: trying to play a CHL team on EHM is impossible because of the fucking things)

I only watched the first two picks and it went exactly as people predicted. I kept waiting for it to be announced that Boston had given up the second pick to Edmonton. Just seemed like something they would do.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Ugh. Thrilled for Skinner that he went so high, but I could see him making Carolina out of camp. Not good.

Is Buffalo going back to their old logo slowly?

Ugh. Thrilled for Skinner that he went so high, but I could see him making Carolina out of camp. Not good.

Is Buffalo going back to their old logo slowly?

Yes. It's still technically their third jersey, but they have been wearing them more and more at home games. They are awesome looking jerseys.