The Hockey Thread

Clawson

What's intriguing about this series is that it's entirely Michael Leighton's play that is deciding where this is going. When the Habs are in the game still, they're offensively dominant and out-shooting the Flyers by a wide margin. Leighton keeps the Flyers in the game, the team scores a few and the Habs deflate. If they can solve the Leighton Configuration in game 3 in Montreal, I believe we'll be watching an entirely different series going forward... but right now, that's looking like a pretty big if.

[quote name='The Sultan of Swank' date='17 May 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1274121841' post='2035504'

Also, the Montreal Gazette beat writers had their plates stolen and tires slashed because of their Quebec plates, it happened to 2 TV trucks with Quebec plates also...

Looks like every city has got a few morons...

No..their plates were stolen and their tires slashed because its Philadelphia. The crime rate is insane. Those guys should just be happy that their vehicles weren't sitting up on cinderblocks when they came back...or be happy they weren't on fire...or just be glad the vehicle was still there period

Wow, Montreal. That was a pretty good performance. If they can get Game 4, then they can put the poor start out of the mind and start new with all the momentum in their corner. It will be interesting to see how both goaltenders perform in the next game. I am sure Leighton will face some critisicm and it will be interesting to see him respond.

Woohoo let's go Flyers!

And actually, Leighton didn't get much criticism. They said he did as good as he could since he had no help around the net.

I am a Penguins fan. And I live in Philadelphia. That clear it up for you?

No..sorry Meacon it doesn't compute. Do you dislike all the Philly teams, or just the Flyers?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It's amazing how much I've come to hate the Habs in the last few weeks. Hopefully the Flyers put them away tonight.

'Twould also be good for my playoff pool, as I have Timmonen but no Habs.

The Flyers barely made it into the playoffs, and now they are playing for the Cup. Even though they only had 88 points in the regular season, I think you have to look at them as a serious contender along with the Hawks. I know some members of the media picked the Flyers to do well and some even predicted a Cup win, so they are not your typical 7th/8th seed.

Also, Jiri Hudler will be rejoining the Red Wings next season.

Edited by Toe

The Flyers barely made it into the playoffs, and now they are playing for the Cup.

It is amazing that they've made it to the Finals - even, as you say, with some predicting they'd have a good run, I thought their injury problems would ultimately cripple them. But, Leighton's played brilliantly in Boucher's stead, the forecheck and general team chemistry has been top notch, and their best players (the likes of Pronger, Briere and Carter) have pulled out some brilliant performances. I feel sorry for Montreal in a way though, especially seeing as players like Halak and Gionta have been nigh-untouchable throughout the playoffs.

Still, Hawks vs. Flyers should be damn good, can't wait to see how it all turns out. The first game, in my mind, will dictate how it all goes down - Chicago have been beatable at Home whilst the Flyers have been surprisingly adept on the Road. If the Flyers can sneak a win in the first 2, things could get heated at the Wachovia.

This is one of the more likeable Flyer teams. (With a noteable exception) Lappy is a hero, and the revolving door of goaltenders performing above and beyond the call - it's one of the great underdog stories. I'll be alright with whoever wins the cup this year.

*waves goodbye to the history of Montreal winning a cup every decade*

HAHAHA,*DX CHOP* SUCK IT!

I'm so happy Montreal lost. This almost makes me want to put Richards on my EHM roster.

• Like 1