The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Guest Mr. Murray Head

I've got mucho respect for Phoenix - Detroit and Chicago are the only teams I'm sure I'd pick to beat them. It's just that Detroit's a lot better than their record indicates.

Washington over Montreal (4-2)

New Jersey over Philadelphia (4-1)

Buffalo over Boston (4-2)

Pittsburgh over Ottawa (4-2)

San Jose over Colorado (4-3)

Chicago Over Nashville (4-0, maybe 4-1)

LA over Vancouver (4-2) ((I really think Vancouver will win, but I just can't stand them))

Detroit over Phoenix (4-2)

Guest Mr. Murray Head

A convincing and bewildering 8-3 victory in game seven puts Kitchener through to the conference finals, where they will get a Taylor Hall-shaped ass-kicking.

Not that I'm complaining. The highest expectations anybody had for us this year were to scrape into a low playoff spot, instead we're in that spot Windsor had last year where yeah, we won't go all the way, but we'll dominate next year.

Washington over Montreal 4-0

Jersey over Philly 4-1

Buffalo over Boston 4-3 (with six one goal games.)

Pittsburgh over Ottawa 4-3 (less if Leclaire starts a lot <_<)

Colorado over San Jose 4-2

Chicago over Nashville 4-2

Vancouver over LA 4-3

Phoenix over Detroit 4-2, possibly 4-3

I think Kessel is better than Seguin. Hall is maybe on his level, but Kessel is coming up to the prime of his career right now, and Hall probably won't be on that level next year. Some people forget he was a top five draft pick in a relatively top heavy draft, and probably the only reason he wasn't a lottery pick was because of his off ice issues. I think he's a better fit for a team that is unable, because of their idiot fanbase, to accept a complete rebuild. The price paid was rediculously high, yes, but if he's healthy next year and Toronto can actually... well, I was going to say "build an actual team", but let's be realistic; if he's healthy next year, the Leafs could maybe avoid being a lottery team.

I just like Kessel now because he is an exciting player to watch. Even when he doesn't score, he is creating scoring chances. Once we get a little more depth and take some of the pressure off of him, I think he will be an even better player for us. Plus, he is still very young.

I'm going to be very interested to see where the pick next year lands. If it is top five, then I will be worried.

Guest Mr. Murray Head

How about that last few minutes of Sens/Pens? I think Pittsburgh still has the talent to come back and win the series, but Ottawa's not going down quietly.

The Leafs have locked up Gustavsson for 2 years at $1.35 million. "The Monster" had a good rookie year for the Leafs and his second half was awesome. I remember hearing talk of him wanting $2-3 million, so the Leafs got a good deal.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=318119

Edited by Toe