The Hockey Thread

Clawson

I'm not dense; I realize this thing called "timezones". See, I live in the Pacific time zone, which is GMT -8. Much of Australia is GMT +9 or +10, or a 17/18 hour time differential. There's no possible way to coordinate an online live draft for a time that would work for everyone.

Offline drafts are not that hard. Take a look at the players in the NHL you want on your team. Sort them. Send a PM. Done. I do all the leg work and then we sit back and have fun. It's the best way.

If I had a decent commitment I'd be happy to do a pre-draft draft on the forum. We could do the first few rounds that way, and then go to lists.

I only have 3 teams and it's 6 days until the start of the season. We can start it after the puck drops on the season and retroact the stats, but I'd rather see if I can get up to 8 teams and go. But at this point I don't know if it's worth it, there's 19 people who have posted more than thrice in this thread and only 3 people have joined the league. A bit sad.

So sign up, don't pay attention to your team, and then when you're doing well, you can gloat!

I was totally buys last winter and eventually just dropped off the table in our league before, but still, we all had fun! Especially Gabe. The bastard.

How would you go about picking players, then? Shall we hold a live draft where 2 of us can be online, and everyone else gets the best player available (as chosen by Yahoo)?

Okay, I have an idea.

We'll do the league, but with a live draft.

The time will be: Any time.

To draft, send what player you want to me via PM.

Might want to send a list of players so that you get the one you want!

I was away in Kingston all weekend visiting friends for Homecoming, thankfully there's a ton of Habs fans in that town so we were able to catch the game. Kaleta threw a dirty ass hit to Tom Pyatt, it's upsetting because Pyatt looked real good this pre-season and had a shot at cracking the line up but is now day to day. Ryan O'Byrne literally beat the fucking shit out of him though.... O'Byrne has seemed to step up his game in all aspects since his dismal year last season.

Surprise of the day, Sergei Kostitsyn down to Hamilton.