The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Guest Mr. Potato Head

According to TSN, it's a Bruins pick and Kessel for Kaberle. I'm now leaning towards this deal.

Also, from a credible but thirdhand source (the Twitter account of a Blue Jays blog :shifty:), there's been an offer of Frolov and the 5th pick for Heatley. Ottawa would be nuts not to take that.

According to TSN, it's a Bruins pick and Kessel for Kaberle. I'm now leaning towards this deal.

Also, from a credible but thirdhand source (the Twitter account of a Blue Jays blog :shifty:), there's been an offer of Frolov and the 5th pick for Heatley. Ottawa would be nuts not to take that.

If that was true, the Senators would have to take that deal. They would have a good pick in the draft and a good skill player who may be able to produce with Spezza.

Also, if Burke could talk the Bruins into giving up their first rounder too, then he would have to take that deal and it would be a great deal.

EDIT - TSN is now reporting that the deal is dead. There was major miscommunication between the teams with Boston believing Toronto would turn over their first rounder. The Leafs are not doing that, so the deal may not happen.

Edited by Toe

:D

Still need him to be on the ice for the Islanders this season to really accept it, until them I'm just waiting for them to find some way to screw it up.

Kadri goes to the Leafs. He is the type of player we need - someone who is skilled and can score. I just hope Burke can make a move and pick again in this first round and pick up another forward.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Oh fuck you Burke. I pride myself on having not cheered for the Leafs since I was old enough to know better (six), and then you go and draft a Kitchener Ranger?

You're not making this easy. :(

Good pick for the Leafs, though.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Forgot to mention, it was a little weird to hear the announcers constantly talking about how Duchene grew up as a fan of the Avalanche.

Even I still remember when they weren't the Avalanche. <_<

Forgot to mention, it was a little weird to hear the announcers constantly talking about how Duchene grew up as a fan of the Avalanche.

Even I still remember when they weren't the Avalanche. <_<

I know what you mean. It seems weird to be older then everyone drafted.

The full Anaheim/Flyers trade.

The Anaheim Ducks have traded defenceman Chris Pronger and Ryan Dingle to the Philadelphia Flyers for Luca Sbisa, Joffrey Lupul and two first-round picks and a conditional pick.

I'm loving this trade, Freeing up some cap room and getting rid of Pronger who is bound the retire sooner rather than later, Looks like Lupul comes full circle back to the Ducks too.

Nazem Kadri

Prospect Grade: 0.0 (About Prospect Grades)

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History

2006-07: This was Kadri's rookie season with the Kitchener Rangers (OHL). In 62 games, the center recorded 22 points (7g+15a), adding another two assists in nine playoff games.

2007-08: Kadri improved on his numbers from last season, netting 25 goals and another 40 assists in 68 games with Kitchener (OHL). He excelled in the postseason as well, recording 26 points (9g+17a) in 20 playoff games.

2008-09: Kadri was traded to the London Knights, netting 25 goals and 78 points in 56 games for that club. He put up another 21 points (9g+12a) in 14 playoff games. Scored a goal for the West at the OHL All-Star Classic. Appeared in the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game.

Talent Analysis

Once projected as a sure-fire top-10 selection, Kadri's draft status dropped significantly during the regular season, but began to climb back with a strong playoff performance. Offensively gifted and showing a greater appreciation for the defensive side of his game, Kadri could be a wild card in this draft. Teams picking in the latter-half of the lottery may look to scoop him up based on his offensive potential. However, he could just as easily slide into the high teens, early 20s based upon questionable scouting and combine results.

Future

Could possibly step right into the NHL.

Source - http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nazem_kadri

For anyone who doesn't know who Kadri is.

Kadri was a good pick, I suppose. I was expecting Burke to go with Cowen personally, but hopefully Kadri can develop into a solid top six guy. Probably a second line center, but I could be wrong.

I'm not shitting my pants in anger like a lot of Leafs fans seem to be. We need to brighten our prospect pool...and Kadri seems to have a good enough upside to be worth developing.