Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Villa, must you bottle EVERY important game you play?? :angry: Now go and get an equaliser!

EDIT: Actually, screw it. If Villa lose it's all but impossible for them to overhaul Spurs (if they win today) unless there's a 12 goal difference swing in Villa's last and Tottenham's last two games.

• Admin

Really want this to end in a draw. No chances left to be taken, I mean I think to goal difference is only one in City's favour as it is.

I also don't want Villa to win, can't count them out yet...

BBC are saying that John Utaka scored the Premiership's 10000th goal. Yep. John Utaka.

Same old tactics, same old Villa.

Been to 7 matches this season and it really is the same old story.

Stewart Downing is fucking woeful for £12m. Time to cut our loss. Would rather Spurs get it now, as City really are a twat of a club.

Edited by ONO

If I could write an ideal end to the season....

Chelsea would win their last two games and win the league.

Liverpool lose to Chelsea then do whatever and finish seventh.

Villa win their final game while Man City lose against Spurs and THEIR final game at West Ham so Villa finish fifth.

Spurs beat Man City and then their last game at Burnley.

Arsenal lose away at Blackburn and home against Fulham.

Tottenham finish third.

:shifty:

I can dream.

The main thing from today is that Liverpool now can only qulify for the Champions League by goal difference.

The only way they can get in now is if tehy sweep their last two games, Spurs lose or draw to Man City then lose to Burnley and for Man City to lose to West Ham.

Having a new team in the Champions League next year will be great, I really hope it's Spurs, but I wouldn't mind seeing Man City do it either just to see who they'd sign.

Edited by The Cool One

The main thing from today is that Liverpool now can only qulify for the Champions League by goal difference.

The only way they can get in now is if tehy sweep their last two games, Spurs lose or draw to Man City then lose to Burnley and for Man City to lose to West Ham.

The City/Spurs game has to be a draw for Liverpool to have a chance. If City beat Spurs then they will be on 69 points which Liverpool can't match.

Seven games ago it would have been a magnificent task for Liverpool to finish fourth.

It will be funny mind next week when it is confirmed that Liverpool won't get a Champions League place and seeing all of Anfield in utter disbelief. <_<

Everybody knows we're not getting fourth anyway, the majority have been resigned to it for weeks.

Don't the fourth placed qualifiers this time around have to play a top seed in in the 3rd Qualifier next season, so it won't be some tiny team made up of plumbers and overweight blokes?

• Like 1

i've accepted that it was highly unlikely we'd be getting fourth for ages but atleast there was something possibly to aim for to stop me from looking at just how disapointingly shit this seasons been for us, so nice of you to make some stuff up there General <_<

I just want this season to be over with and look forward to the prospect of spending another season on channel 5...

And to answer Rockbox's question it's just what happened this year again. Where the best placed teams from the 3rd Qualifying round and the teams who finish like 4th in England, Spain, Italy and 3rd in France and Germany get drawn together and the rest of the people from the 3rd qualifying round play each other. I think it's a good idea in letting teams from other countries get a chance to play Champions League football but if your the team who finishes 4th it's probably not a good idea facing the prospects of like Sevilla, Werder Breman etc

• Like 2