Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

GET BENT, 'ARRY~!

While it was great to see Bent score against Spurs, less than 40 seconds in too, it was an awful goal. Poach a rebound, when Gomes probably should've done better with it anyways.

Bent is one of those players that just cleans up on other players poor play. Goalkeepers, defenders, whatever. He just gets a chance and takes it, it's part of why I don't think he'll go to the World Cup; he doesn't create enough himself and Germany aren't going to defend like this.

And as bad as Spurs' defence might be, we're playing with Da Silva at right back (first start since Jan), Richardson at left back (just bad), and Ferdinand and Turner in the middle (not much practice with these two both at CB)

Then Cana's pulled up and is out of the 18. And Meyler and Cattermole in the middle, very young combo. Henderson and Malbranque on the wings too. Jones isn't fully fit either and is on the bench so Campbell starts.

Not a particularly strong Sunderland squad by any accounts but good enough to get the job done with us at home I suppose. Worried that you have Crouch, Defoe and Kranjcar avaialable to come on at any time though. Good strong bench. Just have to put your makeshift defence to the sword as much as possible.

It now doesn't matter what happens in the Sunderland match, that was the moment that we wanted to see and even if Spurs go on to thrash Sunderland 7-1 now we'll still have seen them with egg on their face due to Darren Bent.

Now if Sunderland win this game 1-0 due to Darren Bent's goal... then that WOULD be something :D

Egg on their face how? Spurs fans didn't ever like Darren Bent. Also I'm sure I'm not the only Spurs fan who would rather have Defoe than Bent. No-one misses him. He isn't the first striker to score against his former club.

However I think it's about proving something for himself and fair play to him for that.

• Like 1

matters for us involved in the race for 4th what happens in the Sunderland/Spurs game :P I hate everyone having games in hand on us

"It's disappointing - it's just the quality of the official I'm afraid cost us the game."

Ferguson.

Well what the fuck did you expect? Drogba scores the winner from a mile offside, so, for once, Fergie has every right to say stuff like that.

The ref is pro united:

• For not sending off Neville or Scholes despite persistent fouling
  • For allowing the Macheda goal
  • For not giving a penalty for Neville's shove in the box
    The ref is anti-united:
    • For allowing Chelsea to score from an offside position
    • For not giving a penalty for Ji Sung Park's tumble in the box
    • For ending the game early

From my reckoning, the ref was pretty equal :/