Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Seriously, what the hell happened to Sunderland all of a sudden? o_O

We got a good run of home matches where we have lost only 2 matches all season (to Chelsea and Villa) and where we have a better record than both Stoke and Birmingham (who are largely recognised by the media as having 'forts' of home stadiums).

Those four home matches gave us some much needed belief and we took that into the 1-1 draw with Villa tonight. Villa being a team we often do well against (while being totally useless against Everton) so I'm happy with a point.

Couple the confidence thing with finally getting players like Ferdinand and Mensah fit and allowing us to keep our defence a bit more steady, Hutton has been great since we got him on loan and this set defence has allowed Craig Gordon to excel and prove his worth. Malbranque has been brilliant since the Bolton match, Campbell seemingly adjusting to the right wing a bit more and scoring 3 goals in 4 matches.

Oh and Darren Bent being consistently fantastic is helpful too.

Not really looking forward to playing you's on Sunday i'll be honest but hopefully there won't be a beachball on the pitch at Anfield :P You've done us a favour by drawing with Villa and Everton have done us a favour by beating Man.City.....shame Everton are sneaking their way into the battle for 4th but hopefully we can capitalize on this on Sunday.

Could also be a vital 3 points for Blackburn which should secure Premier League football for next season

Blackburn were never really in danger to be honest, they're too good at home. I'm sure next season they'll do exactly the same thing by hanging around just below mid-table all year. ¬_¬

And I'm not looking forward to the Sunday match either. I'll have to keep up to date with it through a friends mobile internet as we'll be on the bus back from Wembley at the time but I don't hold out much hope for winning. Regardless of how utterly poor Liverpool have been this season, I'll still always fancy them to beat us at Anfield.

• Admin

I never did understand why we sold Malbranque to Sunderland - he was utterly fantastic for us. Had a feeling Everton would do us a favour tonight - after how comprehensively they beat City last time out I was hoping that it would be more of the same, and it was.

Like so:

league.jpg

Also pay attention to the team now situated in 17th. :shifty:

I do enjoy pissing about with the league predictors. I got Liverpool to win the league and Portsmouth to finish 16th the other day. I also managed to use shameless manipulation to get Darlington up from 24th to 14th in League 2 by the end of the season.

league2.jpg

Madness.

My prediction is much less exciting sadly.

With the fourth place race, Spurs build up a big lead over Villa and Liverpool until their Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea run where they take just a couple of points (during which time Villa and Liverpool re-find their form) before picking up again at the end. Birmingham fall away as do Everton who briefly go ahead of Liverpool. Man City hit a few tricky games although find themselves in fourth a couple more times.

The top three keep trundling on, a shock result here, a draw there but Chelsea or Arsenal can't get enough of a jump on Man U....sadly.

prediction-1.jpg