Left 4 Dead 2

The Kraig

Wow, I cannot believe that A) People still play Left 4 Dead and don't talk, seriously, what the fuck chance do you think you're going to have if no one on your team speaks? B)People are too fucking stupid to understand Scavenge. Its an incredibly simple concept and for some reason, you get a bunch of people running around doing everything BUT picking up gas cans. Ruki, our strategy for Dark Carnival which netted us all 16 cans, is apparently well beyond the grasp of most players, as I had the unfortunate experience of trying to explain and execute it with several people tonight and it failed every fucking time. How hard is it to fucking grasp "You follow me upstairs, you two stay downstairs and grab the cans we throw down" Seemed like pretty simple instructions to me, and yet every time as soon as we leave the safe zone, I'm alone upstairs and the other 3 morons are strewn across the map getting killed.

I wish, it'd make me feel much better. Nope, I spent a good amount to time telling them exactly what we should do, having them all agree and then answering questions to confirm what we'd be doing. And then we left the safe zone and they all went their separate ways :bang:

I've since learned that it's less Maxx's teammates that suck, and more that he does indeed do his Rambo Maxx. Instead of staying together so we can protect each other when carrying the gas tanks/filling the car in the first campaign, he runs off looking for them on his own, leaving Ellis to get Smoker'd, myself to get pounced by a Hunter, and Rochelle to get raped by a tank.

On the plus side, Maxx is a magnet for Chargers. They just can't get enough of chokeslamming him.

Dammit Rambo! Although I think I may have some Rambo-ish tendicies, ask Eddie (we did two campaigns last night).

Also, in the second campaign....DO NOT play Whack-a-mole, again, ask Eddie.

I think the main problem with playing whack-a-mole was that three of us were focused on it while the AI was left to fend off hordes and specials by herself. Would work better if everyone got one point in and then let one person get the rest of the points while the other two keep a lookout for zombies.

Also, you or Maxx are not as Rambo-ish as one of my friends here. While you are getting health packs and getting ready to go outside, he'll open the door and run out and start shooting zombies in a mad dash to who knows where. The best way to describe him is the Leeroy Jenkins of L4D.

I've since learned that it's less Maxx's teammates that suck, and more that he does indeed do his Rambo Maxx. Instead of staying together so we can protect each other when carrying the gas tanks/filling the car in the first campaign, he runs off looking for them on his own, leaving Ellis to get Smoker'd, myself to get pounced by a Hunter, and Rochelle to get raped by a tank.

On the plus side, Maxx is a magnet for Chargers. They just can't get enough of chokeslamming him.

Hey, they followed me, you were the one on your own. With 4 human players that will be much easier, as its essentially scavenge, and you can just go off in pairs and be fine. That being said, that had better be the only finale in which you have to do that. Lets also keep in mind I was using an axe for the first two attempts at the finale, but it was worth it, I got my achievement.

And seriously, every single Charger in that campaign came straight for me. Including one immediately after I killed another, insanity.

Edited by Maxx

In that same finale, I think we fueled up way too many times. A tank came out and knocked down someone(I wanna say the AI), put a ton of bullets into it, and it was dead. Then out of nowhere Ruki gets knocked around by a second tank, and the way it spawned was like we were still shooting at the first tank.