NHL '10/2k10

Mr. X

Here is my fav. assist! http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9555564

After this game, I play a pretty shitty one, and THEN they finally promote me to the second line....after 10 games, and being #2 in points....

So, who are your top lines in Be-A-GM?

I have: Gagne (tied for points leader/and is the scoring leader)- Kessle- Lupel

Hannen- Kabs

PLaying with the Leafs, these are my lines after the deadline.

Jason Blake / Phil Kessel \ Marek Svatos

Niklas Hagman / Mikhail Grabovski \ Radim Vrbata

Alexei Ponikarovsky / Matt Stajan \ Lee Stempniak

Jamal Mayers / Wayne Primeau \ Colton Orr

Luke Schenn / Tomas Kaberle

Ian White / Mike Komisarek

Francois Beauchemin / Garnet Exelby

Vesa Toskala

Johan Hedberg

Of note... Svatos was a deadline acquisition. I'm not going to make the playoffs, but my owner wanted 36 wins and I needed something to boost the team. Svatos came over from Colorado with a 2nd Rounder, in exchange for two 4th Round Picks and Alex Foster. Foster just never got going for me. Every game I played as the Marlies, he was just kind of there.

Vrbata came over earlier in the year. Stempniak was playing on the top line and not producing, so I moved Jeff Finger to Phoenix in exchange for Vrbata. What I was really trying to do was pick up a couple of minor league defensemen so that my Marlies team could be filled with contracted guys, but they countered with this offer, to get some cash off their books. Stempniak flourished with less responsibility, but Vrbata didn't play like a 1st liner either. So when Svatos was offered, I jumped at it.

Hedberg was brought in to push Toskala, who's numbers were better than last season, but who's wins were down. This was also an effort to kick the team in the ass and get to 36 wins. Seems to be working. I'm 3 off with 9 games to go. His overall is only 1 better than Joey MacDonald... but Joey got lit up in the NHL, and Hedberg, while he's had some bad outings, has been giving us a chance to win every night he plays, and Toskala has improved with the decreased workload.

Ace and Whisper seem to be AWOL, which is a shame. Slogger, did you want an EASHL invite?

Yes please, Like Ruki, I'll try and get a few games in here and there when the time differences allow.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9573703

Drafted first overall for the Isles. They've sent my ass to Bridgeport, so I've been on a mission to prove that was a stupid idea.

same here, As a Left Winger, Got drafted First Overall by the Flames and got my ass sent to the new team (The Heat or something like that)

First AHL goal celebration.

http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/nhl10/3825055/762A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_BKF.jpg

Fighting in the right situation (ie. when your team is down and the opposition has the momentum) can up your team play, especially if you win. I dropped my gloves, got battered, but because of the situation my team play went up from C something to A-.

As Ruki mentioned, turnovers can play a big part. The passing on this year's game makes it even more difficult, but try to make safe passes. Taking the puck away from the opponent also helps, whether it's poking it loose, lifting their stick to take possession or just checking them off the puck.

Take plenty of shots on goal, don't hog the puck and getting goals and assists also improves your team play rating.

Woo comeback victories!

In the 1st, the Pens go up 3-0. Then in the second, I figured the game was done, so I was planning on gooning it up and just fighting everyone. But apparently they didn't.....Pharos ends up getting 6 minutes in the box (Holding, unsportsmanlike, and something else), and in those 6 minutes I make up the three goals and end up winning it in OT.

Finished the first season with 60 wins, and now, going for the cup!

Apologies for the double post, but something drastic changed about this game and I have to ask if it happened to anyone else.

I’m playing el-drafto Goalie Be-A-Pro. Ended up at the Senators. For the entire season at Binghamton, we have struggled to find goals. They do that stupid faffing-about the same wingside before the pointman takes a shot from basically the corner formed by the blueline and the boards, and then act surprise when we lose 1-0 or 2-1. I’d played OK – I was sort of varying between a 1.96 and 2.03 GAA, but a pretty dismal save %.

Then on Sunday, I had to turn the PS3 off because it had stuck at the loading screen. I reset it and turned it back on, and I played a Rochester team that was doing alright on the season. All of a sudden, four minutes into the game we had gone 2-0 up, and we were doing something astonishing…There were players..multiple players..they were..moving into the slot! Holding position there! Angling for deflections and rebounds! The players at the sideboards would move to the circles and attempt cross-crease passes! It was as if someone had just lifted a “No man’s land” sign from the slot and the players were all :w00t:

We ended up winning 4-1, and have only lost two shootout games ever since, 3-2 and 2-1. We've jumped from the cellar to pushing for a playoff spot, my save % has jumped to above .850 and my GAA is at 1.82 and falling...

Did anyone else experience a rapid and stunning increase in the AI lately?

I'm getting some freezing in my Be A GM game.

First time it happened was while trying to sim past the trade deadline in the opening season (And I had to start over) and now it's happening just before or during the draft before my 3rd season.

Anyhelp?

I'm finding it very hard to score, both offline and online in Be A Pro. They took away all the glitch goals which is great but I think they've gone too far in the other direction in allowing so few goals. I think my team has only scored three or more goals when an empty netter or two have been involved. Nearly all of my games are ending 1-0 and as for the online, it's even worse than last year's glitches because now not only can we not score, we're getting stuffed by teams who all have the gold boost packs for their players which have probably been bought rather than earned. Horrible, horrible.