NHL '10/2k10

Mr. X

Shouldn't be a problem, we had six a few times on the last game. I'm in, my non-EWB buddy will be in too so those are the wing positions sorted. Dragsy plays anywhere but the wing which fits in nicely.

I might even brave goalie with all these extra controls and exploit fixes.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9357845

This is why you don't be an asshole in online shootout. The entire time he just kept diving with Khabibulin. Oh well, at least I made him look like a tool.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9357604

Nothing special, just a series winner.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9358082

Poorly cut, but whatever. This guy was being a cock, too, so I decided to fuck around and then robbed him.

I hate people in online shootouts. They just stand directly on the goal line like a cock. It's dumb shit like this that makes me not like online gaming a lot of the time.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9352886

From by GM mode (which I did end up restarting), and this was from my second game. Kabs trying to make the pass, but it gets deflected off the stick and into the net.

Also? I managed to get the Shootout Shutout achievement last night ^_^ But I can barely score on break aways, so can't get the three goals.

You can also just 'download rosters' in the Xbox Live section, that's what I did.

Having fun so far, playing a Battle For The Cup mode as the New York Rangers against the Colorado Avalanche. Lost the first game 2-1 with my first goal on NHL 10 a shot from the point that hit Sean Avery in the back and bobbled in. Then I won 3-0, two point shots from defensemen and an empty netter from Brandon Dubinsky before winning 1-0 in the third game, Aaron Voros scrappily finding the net from the close range.

I'm getting used to the board play now, I'm actively using it to help me control the puck although the computer does some nice things with it too.

I beat the Avs 4-3 in Battle For The Cup. Exciting stuff and a nice game mode. Drury was injured in Game 1 but I brought him back for Game 7 and I cruised to a 4-0 win with goals from Gaborik, Higgins, Avery and Voros. No game was the same, in some I found it really hard to scored and was caught floundering around defensively and then obviously I found some offense in Game 7. I thought it was satisfying to score on last year's game (until I was introduced the online glitches) but now it's extremely satisfying, especially now that you can't rely on the same kind of goals all the time.

Anyone played goalie mode this year that played it last year?

It's starting to feel more natural to me, though the desperation stuff is still taking some getting used to.

The only gripe I have is the post-hugging. The way they have it is fine, but transitioning from one post to the other is awkward. Even after I figured it out, it's inconsistent.

I shall keep plugging away though - it's still an absolute blast. I am gonna spend *allllllll* weekend playing this after my exam on Saturday.

Also, the computer still doesn't shoot often enough.

I started a Be A GM with the Islanders. Figured it'd be fun to build them into a serious threat. My first move was to get a center in there so I signed Hornquist who immediately became my first line center and scored in his first game. Plus he was on the cheap side and is only 22. First game was a heartbreaker though. I scored twice then the Pens tied it up. We traded goals again sending it into overtime. With under 10 seconds left in OT, Malkin gets a garbage goal to win it. However it did feel nice to totally lay Crosby out with a sickening check from Witt.