EUROVISION!

Katsuya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I half glanced...that Estonian woman reading the results...I'd love to full on fuck her face hard. Yummy. Then she went. :(

This Croatian ain't too bad either though.

Yummy to Portugal too...I think I should watch these votes instead of putting my headphones in and only paying attention to the scorecard. :(

Edited by YI

I'm fairly sure most of Europe is deaf. I mean Norway, really?

Yes, really. It raped everything in the ass (except Estonia, which it merely jizzed on).

What the fuck do Germany have to do to get points, though? And what do France have to do to NOT get points?

Nice to see a relative lack of political voting this year though. All the 'ias's tended to stick together or bumfuck Russia, but on the whole it was actually a song contest. Cool.

Us or Iceland had the best entries, no doubts.

Ahaha. You're almost as bad as Graham Norton. Our entry was essentially Leona Lewis singing essentially the same song she sung to win the X-Factor, with Andrew Lloyd Webber thrown in for name value. It was decent the first time around, but you can't do the same thing two (?) years later and expect the same result. Not that it was a bad song, but it was far too 'been there, done that'.

And they just cut off Alexander in all his glory. Bastards :@

I'm still amazed that France got any points at all, let alone finished in the top half.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah our entry was pretty poor - she was an alright singer, but the song was shit - I'd say 4th was an achievement. I'd say Norway were the best entry and deserved to win (maybe not by such a huge margin). The political voting was lessened this year but it's not gone completely.

Us or Iceland had the best entries, no doubts.

Ahaha. You're almost as bad as Graham Norton. Our entry was essentially Leona Lewis singing essentially the same song she sung to win the X-Factor, with Andrew Lloyd Webber thrown in for name value. It was decent the first time around, but you can't do the same thing two (?) years later and expect the same result. Not that it was a bad song, but it was far too 'been there, done that'.

Or...she may have been far and away the best singer. The song, yes hardly groundbreaking, but holy fuck it actually featured a modulation for the key change which I'm sorry after hearing random "key change" accompanied by "BIG EXPLOSION OF LIGHT" the rest of the night, I was actually happy to hear. She was the best singer, the song was a good pop song.

And are you seriously saying something another girl did on a different program a couple of years ago makes our entry worse? Hell I could go through my media collection and find a bunch of Norwegian's/Scandanavian's that do similar shit to what that guy did, and better, and slate them for it and use that as an excuse as to why it's terrible, it's the same thing.

Norway for me...I hated his voice. Hell, my dad actually came in from the kitchen and went "This is shit" during him. Musically, it was actually quite good. But he did not have a good voice, IMO. Which is why I feel it deserves to be nowhere near it was.

Edited by YI

Severe lack of voting on Spain

Because it was wank.

Yeah our entry was pretty poor - she was an alright singer, but the song was shit - I'd say 4th was an achievement. I'd say Norway were the best entry and deserved to win (maybe not by such a huge margin). The political voting was lessened this year but it's not gone completely.

5th* :shifty

Was also nice to see Estonia do well, although obviously not as well as they deserved.

And are you seriously saying something another girl did on a different program a couple of years ago makes our entry worse? Hell I could go through my media collection and find a bunch of Norwegian's/Scandanavian's that do similar shit to what that guy did, and better, and slate them for it and use that as an excuse as to why it's terrible, it's the same thing.

I never said it was terrible, far from it. I merely said she looked like a Leona Lewis clone, and was singing a song virtually identical in theme to Leona's and I was bored of that years ago.

Edited by Farmer Reil

That was the perfect Eurovision Song Contest, and the best I think in many, many years - probably since Katrina won it, but that's bias. Norway winning was totally desrved, because it was such an awesome song, and everyone who says otherwise can FIAD. Yes, there was still bloc voting, but nowhere near as much. The UK getting 5th (and having 4th taken in the last two votes) was brilliant, and Jade deserved it. That top five was probably the best top five ever, because I legitimately think that any of those five could have won.

The West, I believe, took about six of the top 10 spots, which helps the fight against the Eastern bloc. I feel slightly bad for the Israeli entry, which was also one of my faves but didn't get much recognition. And HA! for cocky Sakis getting fucked over in the end. Oh, and the weird-ass French woman did surprisingly well, but then again, Graham did point out that she's kind of massive in parts of Europe, so it's more understandable. Side-note: this is the first time Ukraine haven't finished second since 2006, and the first time they've been out of the top 10 since their disaster in 2005.

On Graham, I thought he was much, much more entertaining than Terry when it came to the actual voting part - Terry always seemed like he wanted to fall asleep (albeit maybe that was helped by the fact that our performance made you want to fall asleep) at that point, and Graham actually seemed engaged.

So <3 for Eurovision, and the fact that it really was a MUSIC competition this year.

Oh yeah, Graham was great. His Malta woman joke being a particular highpoint.

Some great quips in there. I was dreading it, as in my head I still see him as the same Graham Norton of like a decade ago where he'd make shit jokes with a retarded phone.

Every year I believe and hope this contest can actually improve, but as usual, it doesn't. It's become quite a joke really, what fucking idiots actually vote for these songs that win? Norway? Seriously? That's one of the biggest piles of shit I've heard in a long time. How that was the favourite and how that won I'll never know.

I thought the majority was poor. Iceland were by a million miles the best in the entire thing, fantastic song and great singer. Our entry was actually good for once and fifth is brilliant by our standards, although it shows there's still the usual biased voting in there, because the top four outside of Iceland was a joke. There were a few other decent entries but outside of ours and Iceland, I thought it was mightily average. And Graham Norton did a pretty good job I thought.