Deadpool fans.. rejoice!

apsham

She Hulk was likewise aware in the late 1980's comic she had originally written and illustrated by John Byrne. In fact, she was the first major Marvel character to do it, and she predated Deadpool doing it by about a decade.

Just saying.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She Hulk was likewise aware in the late 1980's comic she had originally written and illustrated by John Byrne. In fact, she was the first major Marvel character to do it, and she predated Deadpool doing it by about a decade.

Just saying.

Yeah... but She-Hulk is only good for oogling. Deadpool is good for all kinds of things.

He's the only one who's had it made as part of their character to do it, but he's definitely not the only one to do it, yeah.

If they break the fourth wall in akin to something like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" or maybe a bit more then that would make me happy. I liked the idea of a narration type thing but that might also get more annoying then just Deadpool turning to the audience.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-30-b...eadpool-spinoff

No one was under any illusions that Ryan Reynolds' appearance as Wade Wilson and then his evolution as the killer Deadpool in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" wasn't a precursor for a spinoff for the popular Marvel Comics character. In fact, 20th Century Fox quickly announced such a picture was in the works.

Questions remain however as to whether Deadpool will remain as disfigured as he is at the end of "Wolverine" or whether he'd somehow return to Reynold's boyishly handsome good looks. Additionally, it's unclear who the character's protagonist would be and when the film would take place (to be clear "Wolverine" occurs years before the events in the "X-Men" trilogy).

Speaking during an interview with HitFix today for "The Proposal," Reynolds shed more light on the project saying, "Well, I'm intimately involved with it. We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."

Reynolds' new romantic comedy (or "screwball" as co-star Sandra Bullock likes to refer to it) "The Proposal" opens June 19. He'll actually play another superhero, Captain Excellent, in the indie comedy "Paper Man" alongside Jeff Daniels, Kieran Culkin, Emma Stone and Lisa Kudrow. Currently without a distributor, "Paper" was recently announced as the opening night film of this year's Los Angeles Film Festival.

Look for HitFix's complete interview with Reynolds next week.

Please please pleaaaaaaaaaaase, let Reynolds have his way and make a truthful Deadpool adaptation.

Deadpool is the only Marvel character, I believe, who is aware that he is in a Comic Book.

As for as non d-list characters go, if I recall correctly the Purple Man is too.

Also man, that interview fills me with hope but Hollywood's beaten me down with horrible adaptions of things I love (see: the upcoming Avatar movie in which the main protagonists are being played by white folks) or alternatively adaptions of things I love that are decent and yet still decidedly miss the mark (BAM! POW! Slow-motion Watchmen featuring superhuman Nite-Owl who breaks peoples' arms and digs every second of it). Make this happen, Ryan Reynolds, give me some hope.

Deadpool is the only Marvel character, I believe, who is aware that he is in a Comic Book.

As for as non d-list characters go, if I recall correctly the Purple Man is too.

Also man, that interview fills me with hope but Hollywood's beaten me down with horrible adaptions of things I love (see: the upcoming Avatar movie in which the main protagonists are being played by white folks) or alternatively adaptions of things I love that are decent and yet still decidedly miss the mark (BAM! POW! Slow-motion Watchmen featuring superhuman Nite-Owl who breaks peoples' arms and digs every second of it). Make this happen, Ryan Reynolds, give me some hope.

... you realize the guy playing Zuko is Indian, right?

I mean I get where you're going, but from the screens I've seen of it... I mean, at least there's some small, small hope at the end of the tunnel :shifty:

EDIT: Wait, Book One main protagonists. Not the show itself overall.

Way to go Norro <_<

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Exactly. And don't get me started on how awful those screenshots are; oh no, look at Zuko's... barely disfiguring at all scar! Really?

I honestly didn't mind Aang's tattoo. To be honest, the blue was going to be hard to make look right in cinematic form, so making it more tribal-like and faded works fairly well for me, albeit it seems almost too downplayed. Zuko, though... yeaaah, hopefully they're doing some killer CGI work or something with this thing and what we're seeing now isn't the finished product for those scenes.

Another interview with Reynolds where he discusses Deadpool at length.

Really, this guy shows he loves Deadpool and will do everything in his power to ensure the fans get a faithful adaptation. That makes me have some hope. Plus, apparently the Deadpool movie won't reference the Wolverine movie at all, so there's that.

Also:

There's so much to do with a movie like this, so much you can do, and I'm just trying to figure out a way to structure all of those things around kicking Captain America in the nuts.

Give the man a prize.

But I'm really happy, in these early talks, that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible. And that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-f*@k a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal.

:wub:

Also,

"Let's go for this! I'm gonna perform some amateur circumcision!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuck yeah that's worth a second post. I've been concerned about the status of Reynolds as Deadpool ever since he was confirmed for Green Lantern. Does this make him the first actor to play both a Marvel superhero and a DC superhero?

Fuck yeah that's worth a second post. I've been concerned about the status of Reynolds as Deadpool ever since he was confirmed for Green Lantern. Does this make him the first actor to play both a Marvel superhero and a DC superhero?

Nope. Halle Berry played Storm and Catwoman. That's the one I can think of, can't remember if there are more, but I think she was the first.

Well, if you want to go for a reaaaaally big stretch, James Marsden played Cyclops and had a role in Superman Returns, who, although not a hero, did play a somewhat heroic role as Lois Lane's fiancee and had a hand in saving her or her son or something like that :P

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat