2009 MLB Season

sahyder1

I was saying that they could win the NL West because of how bad it is.

The Central will come down to the Cardinals and Brewers. And wouldn't be surprised that whoever doesn't win the division is the Wild Card.

I was saying that they could win the NL West because of how bad it is.

The Central will come down to the Cardinals and Brewers. And wouldn't be surprised that whoever doesn't win the division is the Wild Card.

Doesn't the Wild Card almost always come out of the Central? I forget where I read that math is in that division's favor because it has six teams, and that's why we very rarely see a team get the Wild Card in the AL West. Might be a load of shit though. Can anyway clarify/elaborate?

Keep writing the Dodgers off because of a bad division. Your team's funeral.

I keep writing them off because of their lack of quality pitching not their division. Their division only allows them to go through the season fairly unchallenged, which any team would take any way of getting into the playoffs so that's not relevant.

What's the point of trading for prospects, when you just trade them once they actually develop into something?

Someone please put new management and ownership in Pittsburgh.

We have new management. Up until now they seemed to be going in the right direction, for instance drafting Pedro Alvarez instead of a cheaper pitching prospect.

But this move pretty much says "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

And I've had enough. I'm done. Fuck the Pirates.

To be fair, the Pirates got 2 of Atlanta's top prospects in Jeff Locke and Gorkys Hernandez. Plus, this opens up a spot in their outfield to bring McCutchen up and let him play.

And of course, it's not a bad move for the Braves either since they're adding a bat to a lineup that sorely needs them.

McCutcheon could play any OF position, and it's not like Brandon Moss has been setting the world on fire in right field.

Frankly I don't care if they got Atlanta's top prospects or not, I'm sick of them trading proven young talent for unproven "prospects." It's the same old song and dance with this team and anyone who would go to PNC Park to watch a game is an idiot.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The 1997-2002-era Toronto Blue Jays would suggest that trading your prospects for mediocre veterans isn't a great situation either. Unless you like Willie Greene and Steve Trachsel.

McCutcheon could play any OF position, and it's not like Brandon Moss has been setting the world on fire in right field.

Frankly I don't care if they got Atlanta's top prospects or not, I'm sick of them trading proven young talent for unproven "prospects." It's the same old song and dance with this team and anyone who would go to PNC Park to watch a game is an idiot.

I'm guessing the Brandon Moss in right is just a way to prove they got something out of the Jason Bay deal.

Not like Pittsburgh would bother resigning him anyway.

I'm guessing the Brandon Moss in right is just a way to prove they got something out of the Jason Bay deal.

Not like Pittsburgh would bother resigning him anyway.

I've done a complete 180 on this trade. I actually like the move now that I think about it. But yeah, I would imagine that Moss is going to be given every opportunity and then some to do anything of note as a way to prove it was a good trade.