2009 MLB Season

sahyder1

I love myself some Jays. Not knowing much about the MLB back when I was age 14, and my mum marrying a canadian whose from Toronto, I obviously quite quickly became a fan of the Jays. To see em get off to such a great start is amazing.

Was looking at the wikipedia and was quite amazed at the fact that the longest losing streak was 1 game :P

So what is more impressive? 10 straight wins or 6 straight series wins?

10 straight wins. You could go 12-6 and win 6 series in a row.

Funny how the team with 10 straight wins is the one with the 12-6 record eh.

This.

Indeed it could be the case.. but it's not.. instead the Jays are 14-6 and top of the AL and has the best record in the entire MLB as a matter of fact. :P

My point is you can lose 6 times and still win 6 series in a row. That's not that impressive and winning 10 straight is much harder to do. The Red Sox have gained 3 games on Toronto in the standings during the "last 10" played by each team. You can't gain any ground on a team that's won 10 straight though. I hope that's clearer.

I guess so.

I'm also bias of course towards the Jays, not taking anything away from Boston of course however.

Losing 6 from the first 8 and then winning 10 in a row is a good feat still, question is how long will it last? Is it a permanent comeback or a temporarily momentum boost that lasts a few weeks?

Same can of course be said about the Jays.

But yes.. I'm European.. don't mind me :shifty:

PS. Naiwf go place your bets.. I had no bets at all yesterday :crying::P

Edited by EddieG

Yeah, I'd say that the Red Sox success is more likely to continue than the Blue Jays' success.

So live it up while you can, I suppose.

That said, the Cardinals are playing really well (not including last night) and Pujols is hitting like...well, himself. Ludwick's getting some good looks too and the pitching has been pretty good so far, especially since Franklin took over as closer again. Sucks though, as I'd like to find a long-term solution there instead of just a stop gap but we also have Perez who may or may not be able to do it, he just needs to get better control of his pitches.

Edited by Livid

Considering the fact that the Jays have 4 starters on the DL, 2 unlikely to play at all this year and 1 meeting with James Andrews, that's a pretty safe bet. Next year, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
Manny Ramirez to be suspended for 50 games for failing a drug test :(

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,6324894.story

And now I say "fuck you, Manny". I really liked the guy, but to find out he is using and possibly has been using performance enhancing drugs throughout his career changes the way I see him and his performances.

Wait, hold on a second. The front page of TSN.ca says performance enhancing drugs, but the article on ESPN says he violated the drug policy, but did not say specifically what drug he used.

Manny to serve 50-game suspension

Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for violating its drug policy.

The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, who will lose about one-third of his $25 million salary.

Ramirez's test result was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.

Scott Boras, Ramirez's agent, told ESPN's Peter Gammons that his client did not test positive for steroids, but for a drug that was prescribed by a doctor for a medical condition.

Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul has been told by the Dodgers that he will be promoted later today, according to The Times. Ramirez would be eligible to return to the Dodgers' lineup for their July 3 game against San Diego.

In his first full season as a Dodger, Ramirez is batting .348 with six home runs and 20 RBIs. Los Angeles has bolted to a 21-8 record -- best in the majors -- and a 13-0 record at home that set the modern major league record for home winning streak to start a season.

The report of a Ramirez positive test is the second to rock the sport in three months. In February, New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez admitted that he used steroids from 2001-2003 while with the Texas Rangers.