Formula One 2009

Adam

So... when Trulli went off, Lewis should've just slowed down (like he did), then just carry on as normal an not let Trulli past?

So, effectively, he's been penalised for letting him back by and then lying about the team order?

The question is.. do bookies get their money back? :|

I put 200 quid on a Hamilton podium finish for a 34x return :|

Did you cash it in?

You have to take it back.

Unlucky sucker.

Yeah, I cashed it in.. but.. well.. we'll see what happens.. I'll just pretend I never knew that Hamilton got penalised :shifty:

since they said that more action could be taken, what could this be? 10 place demotion on the grid, or some bigger?

I read that as the FIA viewed this as a 'severe breach of regulations', only two options were viable if further action ends up being taken. The first is that Hamilton is suspended from several races, or that he is disqualified from the Championship altogether.

That seems a bit drastic tbh, and I hope it doesn't happen. The stripping of his Australian finish is enough punishment, maybe add a fine if anything else.

Jenson on pole again, this time with Trulli (presumably legally) in second. Glock and Rosberg are behind them, thanks to Vettel and Barrichello getting their penalties. Funniest part of Qualifying has to be Ferrari being too confident and not sending Massa out in Q1, leading to him being eliminated :)

God dammit. I was persuaded to join a Fantasy F1 league this year, having not paid attention to F1 at all in something like 6 years, so I knew nothing of what was going on. Then the fantasy league people went and 'priced' Brawn/Button/etc. as the cheapest of all the cars and drivers available, thus leading me to the erroneous conclusion that they must be shit or something.

I blame them for my ignorance and subsequent sucking. :angry:

Vettel had better turn in a great performance tommorow, my blind faith in him won't last forever (come on! He took a car that used to be a Minardi and won a fucking race in it! The man is an F1 God. Much like Webber was when he took his Minardi to 5th in the Aussie Gp in 2002)

Much like Webber was when he took his Minardi to 5th in the Aussie Gp in 2002

Didn't about 8 cars finish that race because of a huge pile-up early on?

I'm happy to see Button on pole again, and Brawn & Toyota duking it out for the win sounds very good to me. Ferrari & McLaren's continuing failure is also something I'm quite happy to see.

Much like Webber was when he took his Minardi to 5th in the Aussie Gp in 2002

Didn't about 8 cars finish that race because of a huge pile-up early on?

Thats Spa 98 you might be thinking of, when someone clipped Eddie Ivine who clipped someone else and then carnage ensued. The only people to not retire in that pile up were the ones ahead of Irvine, and the Minardi's being far enough back to go around it (still didn't get a point thanks to the old 6 place system). Couthard also finished about five laps back because they managed to get him into the pits and send him out in case a couple of others retired.

Australia 2002 was the one with a shitload of rain that took most people out, but you had the great drama of Jarno Trulli hunting down Webber at the end, only to spin on the last lap allowing Webber to hold onto 5th.

Yes I know my Minardi history

Edited by Hugobombski

God this is an amazingly eventful race! So many tyre changes and positions interchanging like crazy at the moment, can't figure out who is doing what now!

Lightning~! Blimey it's like a river out there and now the Red flag, crazy 20 minutes.

Edited by Sam

It looks like win number two for Jenson, but then again, Glock deserves the win just as much and maybe even more. He was pretty much cutting through everyone...but I don't think that there'll be any racing if there is a restart. Just a slow, safety car driven race for 12 laps to get to full points. But I don't even think we'll get that, right now. Totally the FIA's fault, because they knew the risk of wet weather at this time of day.

What a mess, I hate the idea of half points for this race, meaning three drivers/teams will have points tallies that aren't whole, it's a real shame but the FIA shouldn't have moved this race forward. It was a terrific race up to that point, Toyota's decision to send Glock out on Intermediates was glorious, and Brawn did a great job in that first stop to get Button back in front. But I won't be remembering this race fondly and I don't really feel like celebrating what feels like half a win for Jenson :(

EDIT: And now the race order has changed, so Heidfeld, after a quiet race, finishes in 2nd yet again. Glock demoted to third, Hamilton & Rosberg drop due to Webber being upped to 6th in the classification.

If I've got this right, the points for today are...

Button: 5

Heidfeld: 4

Glock: 3

Trulli: 2.5

Barrichello: 2

Webber: 1.5

Hamilton: 1

Rosberg: 0.5

Edited by 1PWCorino

So, the results as they stand is:

1 - Button

2 - Heidfeld

3 - Glock

4 - Trulli

5 - Barrichello

6 - Webber

7 - Hamilton

8 - Rosberg

Which means the drivers standings are...

1st - Button, 15 pts.

2nd - Barrichello, 10 pts.

3rd - Trulli, 8.5 pts.

4th - Glock, 8 pts.

5th - Heidfeld, 4 pts.

6th - Alonso, 4 pts.

7th - Rosberg, 3.5 pts.

8th - Buemi, 2 pts.

Brawn pull out a little bit more on Toyota in the Constructor's, too. I think that it's a shame for Rosberg too, because he was leading for a good part of the race and ended up only getting half a point. I do think it's going to be fairly odd now that Trulli, Webber and Rosberg are doing to end the season with .5 next to all their points though...