NFL 2009

livid

So, any Eagles fans in here?

Wow, how bad have they dropped the ball so far this off-season? I mean, Andrews is a good call, but we're losing Dawk, Considine (who's a very good special teams player), and Buck. It also looks like we're not gonna see anymore of Tra or Runyan. That really sucks. At least sign Tra to a two or three year deal.

And, I don't think the Eagles NEED a Wide Reciever, as long as they get Baskett back under contract. Even then, we don't need a starter. However, that said, I'd love for them to either sign Housh (which now looks doubtful, according to ProFootballTalk), or somehow swing a trade for Boldin. Shit, I wouldn't mind even giving up both ones this year and a two.

And, Adam Schefter was just on NFLN saying the Cassel trade isn't a done deal yet, there's apparently a "mystery team" trying to get into the mix now.

What did the Skins do to get worse? They signed the best Free Agent in this year's class as well as a few other, more low-key free agents.

Although, Hall is vastly overrated.

They've spent $154 million on defense when they had a top 8 defense. Their offense can't get any better if they don't spend money on it. Once Haynesworth comes into camp fat and happy or gets hurt that contract will be a major anchor. Snyder is PRAYING for that uncapped season because otherwise he's fucked.

Edited by naiwf

So New England traded Vrabel and Cassel for a second rounder? Slightly weird, I hope they got SOMETHING other than that. Seems a bit one sided there. Kansas City really is turning into New England West, its kinda funny to watch.

So New England traded Vrabel and Cassel for a second rounder? Slightly weird, I hope they got SOMETHING other than that. Seems a bit one sided there. Kansas City really is turning into New England West, its kinda funny to watch.

Not having to pay Cassel ~$15 million to hold a clipboard is the best thing they got from that trade.

Breaking news - MATT CASSEL TO THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS! http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-com...ade-for-cassel/

.... too bad I think Matt Cassel is a product of the system and hasn't proven himself yet, but oh well.

I'd say they got a pretty good deal though. Vrabel and Cassel for a 2nd round pick? Despite the questions surrounding Cassel and what he's capable of, it's a great bargain.

And lol @ the Ravens completely and utterly failing in this free agency. We've lost Bart Scott, Jason Brown, and now Jim Leonhard and Corey Ivey are talking to the Jets as well AND there's still a huge question mark in regards to Ray Lewis. Rex Ryan is completely raping our roster :angry:

So apparently both the Bucs and Lions were trying to get a 3 team deal done with the Broncos and Patriots to try and get Cutler in exchange for Cassel and then of course, draft picks to the Patriots.

And yeah, the Patriots basically get a 1st round pick out of the deal, they just don't have to pay the player like one.

Yeah...I mean not having to pay him is good and all, but arent' you supposed to get 2 first rounders for a franchise player? Weird deal, and stranger still since the Vrabel news broke yesterday, then suddenly today Cassel is involved as well.

As for Kitna, well now we have someone who'll throw the ball to Roy Williams. I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I like Kitna for some reason. Better than Brad Johnson for sure. Stupid to give up Anthony Henry though, like really, really stupid. Gee I wonder what position we'll be going after in the draft?

EDIT: Apparently Kitna was so happy with the idea of playing for the Cowboys that he's agreed to restructure his contract to save cap space.

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate

Yeah...I mean not having to pay him is good and all, but arent' you supposed to get 2 first rounders for a franchise player?

1) An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.

2) A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Cassel was type 2. The Pats did that because I don't think they ever planned to keep him and weren't going to risk having to get a team to give up 2 #1's for him.

Stupid to give up Anthony Henry though, like really, really stupid. Gee I wonder what position we'll be going after in the draft?

Surely we have to pull off another trade or sign a veteran free agent CB? Otherwise we're going into next season with injury prone Terence Newman and probably Mike Jenkins as starters with only Scandrick, Ball and a rookie to back them up? Plus, Henry was supposed to be replacing Roy Williams at safety so we still have a problem there too.

So apparently both the Bucs and Lions were trying to get a 3 team deal done with the Broncos and Patriots to try and get Cutler in exchange for Cassel and then of course, draft picks to the Patriots.

And yeah, the Patriots basically get a 1st round pick out of the deal, they just don't have to pay the player like one.

Wait... what? Denver was wanting to unload Cutler for Matt Cassell? Why?

Wait... what? Denver was wanting to unload Cutler for Matt Cassell? Why?

I'm assuming because of Cassel's relationship with Josh McDaniels, the new coach for the Broncos.