NFL 2009

livid

I still think Tim Tebow will go in the first round, and have no doubt that he will go in the first day. I base this off the fact that if you look at past examples over the last few years of "big" quarterbacks that are playmakers like him, they all go on the first day. Hindes Ward was picked in the third round, A Randell El & Kordell Stewart the second round, Matt Jones the first round (WTF were they thinkin btw?)....

....true smaller QBs like Pat White, Brad Smith, Dennis Dixon, they may be taken later, but considering Tebow's size, added on top of all of his success in college, I don't see how he won't be a first or second round pick. That's not to say I believe he will do well in the pros (I personally think a lot of that will have to do with who selects him) but I have little doubt that he will be taken in the first or second round.

Tebow is going to be a clipboard holder\benchwarmer\"Hey, we're ahead by 35 with 10 minutes left, so let's put him in!" QB for a few seasons, because he has some mechanical problems that need to be addressed. He probably has a better chance of playing sooner rather than later if he's drafted as a RB, though he'd be drafted higher as a QB.

He should be a 2nd rounder at best, early-mid 3rd at worst, but I won't be surprised if some team does take him in the 1st. However, if he's a top 10 pick, I'll be laughing my ass off.

If a team takes Tebow in the 1st the GM should be fired that same day since that's the equivalent of pissing away guaranteed money for a guy who won't amount to anything. The only team I could see him being a decent fit with right now would be the Dolphins.

If a team takes Tebow in the 1st the GM should be fired that same day since that's the equivalent of pissing away guaranteed money for a guy who won't amount to anything. The only team I could see him being a decent fit with right now would be the Dolphins.

I think it would be stupid because you could wait to the third or forth round why jump early. I think Tebow will have a pretty Good career, the guy will find away, he has alot of talent, and he can throw well, he can with some hard work make a good QB at the Next Level. If not then there is always the CFL or AFL. but i think he can do good, he is just type of person/athlete that will work harder then anyone to achieve his dreams, and i think with that attitude, his charecter and his talent he can be a pretty good QB. Maybe even Great if he lands with a good QB Coach.

We already see the wild cat formation in the NFL and I'm willing to put money on it that when Tebow gets drafted that whatever team he goes into is going to work on a spread offense.

Call Jon Gruden what you will but the man knows his QBs and If what he says is true, Tebow is going to revolutionize the spot of football.

...then again he's a Florida Gator, and we all know their QB track record in the NFL.

We already see the wild cat formation in the NFL and I'm willing to put money on it that when Tebow gets drafted that whatever team he goes into is going to work on a spread offense.

Call Jon Gruden what you will but the man knows his QBs and If what he says is true, Tebow is going to revolutionize the spot of football.

...then again he's a Florida Gator, and we all know their QB track record in the NFL.

He knows his QBs? I think the last couple of seasons proved that he really didn't. He basically just pulled a name out of a hat, put them in the game and looked to see what stuck. Please, Gruden pretty much proved that he's an overrated "QB guru". And if you're suggesting that an NFL team will start using the spread offense, that's hilarious because there's no way it will work in the NFL. Ask Steve Spurrier.

That being said, I said it before and I'll say it again, Tebow can be a good NFL QB, he'll just need to be clipboard bitch for awhile. His mechanics are bad but they're not any worse than Aaron Rodgers' were when he was coming out of college and a couple of years in the NFL, on the bench, allowed him to correct those. As long as Tebow is put in a situation where he can sit and learn for say, 2 seasons, then he can be an above average QB.

That being said, I said it before and I'll say it again, Tebow can be a good NFL QB, he'll just need to be clipboard bitch for awhile. His mechanics are bad but they're not any worse than Aaron Rodgers' were when he was coming out of college and a couple of years in the NFL, on the bench, allowed him to correct those. As long as Tebow is put in a situation where he can sit and learn for say, 2 seasons, then he can be an above average QB.

Rodgers was a pocket passer coming out of college. Tebow is a less speedy/easier to hit, but more powerful version of Michael Vick. I would NEVER EVER EVVVVVVVER draft a QB who made his living running the ball in college. Although I would love to see him try a jump pass and get met by a blitzing Polamalu or Ed Reed in the hole. It would be glorious.

Rodgers isn't a straight up pocket passer though, he has some legs and will use them if need be. Obviously, he's not in an offense that emphasizes him to look to run and he never has been in an offense that does that like Tebow but Tebow's mechanics are completely separate from what offense he's running. His mechanics (as in the way he throws the ball, his release, etc.) is off and it can be corrected with time, as Rodgers' throwing mechanics were quite bad coming out of college (like all Tedford QB's) and it was corrected while he was on the bench. Rodgers also came from an offense that is notorious for having QBs not translate to the pro's, whether it's Joey Harringon, Akili Smith, Kyle Boller or Trent Dilfer, all of those QBs were drafted high and put into the NFL game immediately and they failed because they couldn't handle NFL defenses and their mechanics were awful.

Rodgers is the only one of that group to show that he can have lasting success in the NFL (granted Boller is still fairly young and if put in a right situation, might end up being fairly competent) and that's because he was allowed the time to sit on the bench, work on his mechanics and learn an offense while learning on how to read an NFL defense. The same can happen for Tebow because it'd be hard to argue that Tebow doesn't have a better football IQ than Rodgers. So as long as Tebow's patient, I'm sure he can have success in the NFL as a QB.

The problem is finding the right situation allowing him to do that.

Edited by Livid

Drew Henson 42 - couldn't play football OR baseball as a pro
Alex Smith 40 - tiny hands is a huge bust
Eli Manning 39 - the only guy above a 35 with a ring as a starter
Brian Griese 39
Charlie Frye 38
Tony Romo 37 - can't hold onto a snap or win a playoff game though
Drew Bledsoe 36
Matt Leinart 35
Kellen Clemens 35
Aaron Rodgers 35 - Much smarter than Favre, which is why he'll never be beloved in Green Bay :shifty:
Tom Brady 33 - may go down as the greatest ever, if his knee isn't shot
Steve Young 33 - I shudder to think of the numbers he could have put up if he spent his whole prime with the Niners
Joey Harrington 32
Patrick Ramsey 32
Sage Rosenfels 32
J.P. Losman 31 - plays like a moron
Matt Schaub 31
Phillip Rivers 30
Brady Quinn 29
Rex Grossman 29
Marc Bulger 29
Matt Hasselbeck 29
Troy Aikman 29 - 3x SB champ with the Triplets
John Elway 29 - 2x SB champ, one of the all time greats
Drew Brees 28
Peyton Manning 28 - highest football IQ of active QBs, but dumber than Eli by a lot apparently
Kyle Boller 27
Ryan Leaf 27 - lol
Jay Cutler 26
Kyle Orton 26
Carson Palmer 26
Akili Smith 26
Ben Roethlisberger 25 - 2x SB champ* <_<
Byron Leftwich 25
Chad Pennington 25
JaMarcus Russell 24
David Carr 24
Jason Campbell 23
Tim Couch 22
Trent Dilfer 22 - leader of that great Ravens team :shifty:
Brett Favre 22 - 3x MVP, SB champ
---
Steve McNair 15 - MVP, made it to a SB
Randall Cunningham 15 - gaudy numbers
Dan Marino 15 - most prolific QB other than Favre
Terry Bradshaw 15 - won 4 rings
David Garrard 14
Donovan McNabb 14
Marcus Vick 11
Jeff George 10
Chris Leak 8 - just barely above retardation apparently

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but when you mentioned "football IQ" I checked to see what Rodgers' Wonderlic score was and it almost seems like you want a guy who is smart, but not too intelligent or just smart enough to outwit a box or rocks.

Rodgers ran the ball 160 times in 25 games (6.4 per game) as a collegian, and attempted 665 passes (26.6)
Tebow is at 475 in 41 games (11.6) versus 681 (16.6).

I don't think a college QB whose pass total outdoes his run total by a meager 5 times per game is going to be successful at the next level.

FYI, Vick was 10.4 vs 16.1 and was way more athletic than Tebow, but turned out to be a mediocre passer at the NFL level which is why I don't see Tebow succeeding especially since he tries to run through people instead of around them. He'd need to completely overhaul his game and I don't think he will be able to. We'll see though.

Vick was becoming a great passer before he got in trouble. Vicks Arm Strength has always been there, and his accuracy albeit not totaly there was improving.

Tebow is a better passer then Vick, Young, Smith, Jacobs and all of the other rushing QB's recently who have failed, and he isn't as fragile as Vick. Tebow has tools, he has talent, he has charecter he'll get drafted and if he isn't thrust into starting first season he can be a great QB. Tebow makes good reads, and throws with power, he makes plays happen and he can run. His toughness at the QB position will motivate his team just like it does with Big Ben and the Steelers. I'm not saying he is going to a HOF'er or win an MVP award, but i think he will be a great QB and go to some pro bowls. If he gets a chance to learn how to play he will do fine. But he shouldn't start his first season.

EDIT: Drew Henson wasn't a horrible Qb, he just wasn't very good. Also he was a ok Baseball player.

Alex Smith still has a chance to do something, he needs a steady offense, if it keeps changing it's hard to learn, his career isn't over yet.

And Brady's Football IQ is def higher then Mannings. I guess it could be debated, but Brady is higher slightly.

Edited by I Love Pokemon

Mike Vick was becoming a 'great passer'? A slightly below average passer, at best. Dude has a cannon, but can't control it.

I still think Tebow will find a spot, then again, I have a soft spot for guys that are just 'football players'. He's big enough, fast enough, and strong enough to be an H-Back. I don't know what his hands are like, though.

Pokemon, you lost all credibility when you said Colt McCoy>Matt Ryan.

None of this quarterback talk can be taken seriously now.

Colt McCoy is better then Matt Ryan was when he was drafted, thats what i ment to say. McCoy and Ryan have alot of the same skills, but Colt is a better QB then Ryan was when he was drafted, and he is only going to get better this year under Mack Brown. It's not that controversial to say that Colt McCoy is better then Ryan was going into the NFL.

I'll Clarify, right now Ryan>McCoy. Colt McCoy now > Matt Ryan going into NFL.

And Maybe Great wasn't the right word. But Vick was steadily improving, and his accuracy was continually improving, had he not been a toal ass and fragile as hell he could've been a great passer. He was improving, his Accuracy was def improving leaps and bounds.

Edited by I Love Pokemon

Pokemon, you lost all credibility when you said Colt McCoy>Matt Ryan.

None of this quarterback talk can be taken seriously now.

Colt McCoy is better then Matt Ryan was when he was drafted, thats what i ment to say. McCoy and Ryan have alot of the same skills, but Colt is a better QB then Ryan was when he was drafted, and he is only going to get better this year under Mack Brown. It's not that controversial to say that Colt McCoy is better then Ryan was going into the NFL.

I'll Clarify, right now Ryan>McCoy. Colt McCoy now > Matt Ryan going into NFL.

And Maybe Great wasn't the right word. But Vick was steadily improving, and his accuracy was continually improving, had he not been a toal ass and fragile as hell he could've been a great passer. He was improving, his Accuracy was def improving leaps and bounds.

Where in god's name are you pulling this shit from?

Colt McCoy, who when his name was in the hat, was considered at BEST a 2nd round pick and at worst falling to the second day is better then Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan who was drafted 3rd and had one of the best rookie seasons for a Quarterback ever. That Matt Ryan?

NO.

I honestly can't thing of any thing McCoy brings the table that Ryan doesn't. Well he's more elusive but no one is drafting someone with 4.85 speed too run.

Ryan had and has prototype size. A cannon arm, especially when compared to McCoy's weak arm.

Just because you like McCoy doesn't make him a future quarterback. To say they have some of the same skills is retarded. They both throw the ball yes but that's where it ends. McCoy is nurse fed in a spread system at Texas, he is similar to Graham Harrell or Sam Bradford. Not Matt Ryan, not Matt Stafford. He looks good there yes because he's throwing in a spread which boosts stats. If it was about stats then Colt Brennan would have gone first this year and Graham Harrell wouldn't be a mid round choice, just like McCoy.

I'm not that big of a fan of McCoy, i don't like Texas, but every game i've seen of his last Year he looked better than the games i saw Matt Ryan in at Boston College. McCoy is a great college QB and can become a great NFL QB he has the potential to do that.

And i know it's not all about stats, because if it were Chase Daniel who is my favorite QB going into the draft this year would be a 1st or second round pick, where as now he's projected to go in the 5-6 rounds. Also if stats made the player then Timmy Chang would have won the Hiesman and been a first day pick.

Matt Ryan right now is way better then he was at BC, he's also better then Colt McCoy. But IMO Colt McCoy right now is better then Matt Ryan was going into his final year at BC. Colt has good accuracy, makes clutch plays, can scramble, can take a hit, the guy has a future. I'm not saying that if you compare Colt to Ryan right now that Colt is better he isn't it aint close either. But If Colt McCoy was apart of last years class he'd def be the 2nd-3rd best QB behind Ryan and maybe Brohm.

I'm not that big of a fan of McCoy, i don't like Texas, but every game i've seen of his last Year he looked better than the games i saw Matt Ryan in at Boston College. McCoy is a great college QB and can become a great NFL QB he has the potential to do that.

And i know it's not all about stats, because if it were Chase Daniel who is my favorite QB going into the draft this year would be a 1st or second round pick, where as now he's projected to go in the 5-6 rounds. Also if stats made the player then Timmy Chang would have won the Hiesman and been a first day pick.

Matt Ryan right now is way better then he was at BC, he's also better then Colt McCoy. But IMO Colt McCoy right now is better then Matt Ryan was going into his final year at BC. Colt has good accuracy, makes clutch plays, can scramble, can take a hit, the guy has a future. I'm not saying that if you compare Colt to Ryan right now that Colt is better he isn't it aint close either. But If Colt McCoy was apart of last years class he'd def be the 2nd-3rd best QB behind Ryan and maybe Brohm.

McCoy is going to go no earlier then the second round next year. Your contradicting yourself you know nothing about him. Colt has fine accuracy, a mediocore release and he can scramble and take a hit in college. Meaning he has a future?