NFL 2009

livid

I'm not expecting the UFL to do much of anything, but I would at the very least hope it gives a broader scope for people of different backgrounds (i.e. non-American or non-collegiates) an opportunity to play at a higher level. There's some talented European and Asian players who don't get a chance to progress past the amateur or semi-pro (in the case of Japan and Germany) because a. the NFL shut down the Europe farm league or b. because hte NFL is such a fucking exclusive entity. You can't get off calling your title winners WORLD CHAMPIONS when players from other countries can barely even crack the practice squads. I know there's never going to be a great many international players in the league (I think there were three or four British players last time I heard, one of them handles kick-off duties for the Panthers), but hell, at least give them an opportunity or stop being so fucking obnoxious with the WORLD CHAMPION bullshit.

I can't understand why they say World Champions either. It's not like there's any teams outside the US, or that many non-American players.

As for the UFL, I might see one of the Hartford games if I can. I don't expect much from it, but hopefully there's some level of success. If it finds a good market/niche, why not?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11505517

Some highlights from today's installment of As The World Turns featuring the Denver Broncos

Cutler, McDaniels meeting not pleasant, reports say

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler finally met face-to-face with Josh McDaniels over the weekend, but nothing was resolved, leading to doubt the quarterback will show up for the new coach's first team meeting Monday.

The Denver Broncos' coach and Pro Bowl quarterback, who are involved in a simmering feud over trade talks, met Saturday at the team's training facility, and both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations, team spokesman Patrick Smyth told the Associated Press.

Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, however, and the Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels.

But the Broncos insist they're not going to trade Cutler, who just played in his first Pro Bowl.

Cutler has deepened the drama by putting his 7,516-square foot home in suburban Parker on the market for $2 million. And a smaller home owned by Cutler and his parents, Jack and Sandra Cutler, two miles away, is for sale for $835,000. Cutler, however, is keeping his downtown Denver penthouse, at least for now.

Cutler's name was brought up a lot at that event, a roast for longtime Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos. Former Denver offensive lineman Mark Cooper, who played in the 1980s, cracked: "Times have changed around here. Now players cry when they hear they're going to be traded."

This team is REALLY fucking stupid. Aggravating a tempermental QB who can be a franchise player is NOT the way to do business.

Edited by naiwf

Don't read TOO much into it as apparently, Cutler was looking to sell the house for months anyways as he does have the penthouse in downtown Denver.

The parents thing is interesting but may just be similar to what he's doing. Apparently they have a few houses and of course, even with how much money he makes, I imagine they're trying to cut some of their costs.

Wow, who pissed in your cereal this morning? Because, we could easily go the Raiders route anyways. :shifty:

And nobody even mentioned the Cowboys yet so no need to get worked up about it.

Plus, I'm more worried that I Love Pokemon is going to come in here and suggest that the Vikings sign him.

Edited by Livid

I love you AD ^_^

I'd think the Raiders actually are more likely to sign him than the Cowboys. On Dallas he'd be a 3rd target at best behind Williams and Witten, in Oakland he'd be at least the second best WR on the team, and a great target for JaMarcus.

I'm not getting worked up about it, it was a tongue-in-cheek post. Nevermind, I'll just add the shifty smiley to every sarcastic post I make in the future so you can keep up.

I would've taken it as tongue in cheek if you had left it at the lolololol statement but the "can we move on now" part made it sound serious.

But if Jones can get his act together, he can be a pretty good addition to a team but who knows if he can keep his act together.

There are rumors surfacing now that the Patriots are set to turn that #2 that they got from KC into...Julius Peppers. Was a brief note thrown in at the tail end of NFL Live.

Fair play to them if they can make that deal happen, but cue the "Aw, shit" chorus from everyone else's fan base.

Yeah there have been rumors for awhile now that the Patriots were looking into getting him and them getting that pick only helps matters.

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm not sure where else he'd end up if he ends up being traded.

If that trade were to happen, Denver would have a good receiving corps. Marshall, Edwards with Royal in the slot; that would be one high-powered offense if they can get a consistent RB.

Doubt that Edwards would be included in the deal though. And apparently, the Lions are talking with the Broncos about getting Cutler up there likely for some picks.