NFL 2009

livid

IF the Niners get Warner i hope they keep Hill and Smith and let them learn under him. I'm still not sure Alex Smith is destined for failure and to be a bust. I think he can have a pretty good career.

I think I've pretty much stopped paying attention to anything you say :mellow:

are you saying that there is NO CHANCE that Alex Smith can have a pretty good/decent career? Alex Smith will probably never be Drew Brees or Eli Manning, but he can be decent, he has some pretty good tools, he needs to find a way to stay healthy though.

And with right coaching and some tuteledge from Warner(if he signs) he may be able to put things together, but he's not a lost cause yet.

Yes, yes I am. He'll have a solid career as one of the best perennial back-up quarterbacks to ever play the game, though. (Y)

Did you say the same thing about, Jake Delhome, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Matt Schaub, David Garrard?

On another note, i still think the vikings either need to get Harrison or Walker(if he becomes available) or trade for Boldin, to help out Rosenfels or trade up and get Maclin.

I also wish they would sign someone like Chris Simms(he's a FA isn't he) to compete with Rosenfels and Jackson. Although i believe Sage will be a pretty good QB atleast good enough i'm admittedly biased on that. And although i think T-Jack isn't as horrible as some make him out to be, he still needs to learn how to play under pressure.

Smith hasn't exactly been blessed with a good situation in San Fran though. His first year, that was an awful team. The second year, he showed vast improvement and played pretty well, especially given his age. His third year (with his 3rd different OC that was god awful at his job), he got hurt and was thrown under the bus by Nolan and then came back when he wasn't healthy because his coach was throwing him under the bus. That's evident by the fact that he needed surgery almost a year later to repair the damage and why he was out last year.

I'm not saying Smith will be a perennial All-Pro or anything but anybody that thinks the guy has had a fair shake in the league doesn't know what they're talking about. The guy has NEVER been put into a position to succeed except for his 2nd year with Norv Turner calling the plays. As long as he keeps his head on straight and doesn't just give up, he's still young enough to emerge as a fairly good QB in the league, especially with the likes of Rex Grossman getting a million more chances than he should've been given.

Smith hasn't exactly been blessed with a good situation in San Fran though. His first year, that was an awful team. The second year, he showed vast improvement and played pretty well, especially given his age. His third year (with his 3rd different OC that was god awful at his job), he got hurt and was thrown under the bus by Nolan and then came back when he wasn't healthy because his coach was throwing him under the bus. That's evident by the fact that he needed surgery almost a year later to repair the damage and why he was out last year.

I'm not saying Smith will be a perennial All-Pro or anything but anybody that thinks the guy has had a fair shake in the league doesn't know what they're talking about. The guy has NEVER been put into a position to succeed except for his 2nd year with Norv Turner calling the plays. As long as he keeps his head on straight and doesn't just give up, he's still young enough to emerge as a fairly good QB in the league, especially with the likes of Rex Grossman getting a million more chances than he should've been given.

Yes thats what i think.

And BTW,

The Titans have finally gotten a WR to help out Vince Young/Kerry Collins, they signed Nate Washington from the Steelers, and Bryant Johnson is going to Detroit.

I think Johnson and Johnson will make whatever QB ending up with the starting job in DET job easier.

And i think Tarvaris Jackson just needs to learn to play under pressure, if he could do that and stop making so many stupid mistakes then he would be for sure our guy. He needs to mature, i think he can, and i think he can do pretty well, but i also think Sage can too.

Nate Washington is going to help Vince and Kerry? Whats he going to do, have another 650 yard season with 3 TDs? Gee they're super bowl bound now!

IF the Niners get Warner i hope they keep Hill and Smith and let them learn under him. I'm still not sure Alex Smith is destined for failure and to be a bust. I think he can have a pretty good career.

I think I've pretty much stopped paying attention to anything you say :mellow:

are you saying that there is NO CHANCE that Alex Smith can have a pretty good/decent career? Alex Smith will probably never be Drew Brees or Eli Manning, but he can be decent, he has some pretty good tools, he needs to find a way to stay healthy though.

And with right coaching and some tuteledge from Warner(if he signs) he may be able to put things together, but he's not a lost cause yet.

Yes, yes I am. He'll have a solid career as one of the best perennial back-up quarterbacks to ever play the game, though. (Y)

Did you say the same thing about, Jake Delhome, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Matt Schaub, David Garrard?

On another note, i still think the vikings either need to get Harrison or Walker(if he becomes available) or trade for Boldin, to help out Rosenfels or trade up and get Maclin.

I also wish they would sign someone like Chris Simms(he's a FA isn't he) to compete with Rosenfels and Jackson. Although i believe Sage will be a pretty good QB atleast good enough i'm admittedly biased on that. And although i think T-Jack isn't as horrible as some make him out to be, he still needs to learn how to play under pressure.

You're serious?

Jake Delhomme and Kurt Warner were undrafted and not a single one of the guys you named were even a first day draft pick. Alex Smith was selected FIRST in the 2005 draft, and with that comes expectations. You can't even compare him with the other quarterbacks. Delhomme, Brady, Warner and Bulger were drafted late or weren't even drafted, and frankly, some of them weren't expected to be worth a shit. David Garrard has had mild success and in all honesty, Matt Schaub hasn't proven that he's worth a shit quite yet.

Alex Smith was hyped up so much as a great talent, and still shit the bed. He's been a complete and utter bust, and when he's not dealing with some sort of shoulder injury, he's riding the bench. Almost every single quarterback taken in 2005 has seen more success then Smith at some point or another. Jason Campbell, Aaron Rodgers, Kyle Orton, Derek Anderson, Dan Orlovsky, Ryan Fitzpatrick were all taken in 2005 with a few other busts. I'm not saying I think every single one of these guys are better then Smith, but look at all the chances the 49ers had to get something right.

I don't really know how to make it much more clear - Alex Smith is a failure, and will continue to be one. Maybe if the '9ers give him the boot, he might find himself in a better situation elsewhere, but beyond that, I see nothing even remotely inspiring in Smith's future. Sorry dawg.

If Sage Rosenfelds is the starting QB in Minnesota, that would be the dumbest decision they could make, IMO. He's a backup at best. The only guys they should be looking at are Warner or Garcia, a stopgap if they're not totally comfortable with Jackson. I honestly think Jackson could be a good QB.

i'd try and say that Sage has a lot of talent but hasn't been able to show it, but it'll be biased. But i do think the Vikings should've or should make a play at Warner or Garcia or even Kitna. I also think T-Jack could be good, he has to mature and beable to play under pressure though, that Eagles game was really rough and hurt his chances of having a great future, because if he doesn't preform this year they won't bring him back.

And to the guy that said how is Nate Washington going to help out the Titans, it gives them an actually pretty good reciever. Getting 650 yards when you are a third stringer is pretty good. He can def help out.

And All those guys i mentioned came from nowhere, or they were backups never expected to do anything, and now all of them maybe minus Schaub are pretty accomplished QB's or solidfied starters. The point is, just because Smith hasn't shined bright yet, doesn't mean he can't or won't. Thats like saying just becaus Vince Young struggled he won't ever be any good ect... The fact is that Alex Smith's career is far from over, he still has a chance to do something in his career, it's not a gaurentee he will end up like Jim Druckenmiller he could end up like Drew Brees, it's not a gaurentee that he will be a bust.

He won't help much when you don't have a 1000 yard reciever on your team, and your best guy from last year got the numbers of a 3rd WR.

He won't help much when you don't have a 1000 yard reciever on your team, and your best guy from last year got the numbers of a 3rd WR.

we don't need Sage/TJack to put up Brees/Manning/Brady numbers, we just need less INT's and the ability to hit the wide open guys, along with being able to stretch the field when they bring everyone to stop AD.

You do realize I was talking about Nate Washington signing with the Titans, and that quote has absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings right?

WARD SIGNS WITH BUCS

The Derrick Ward free agency tour has ended.

And the final resting stop was Tampa.

Per a league source, Ward has agreed to terms on a four-year, $17 million deal.

He’ll earn $6 million guaranteed in the first year, $9.25 million over the first two, and $13 million over the first three.

More to come.

That was to be expected but still kind of sucks since our offense is even weaker than it was at the end of the year. Now that Housh signed with Seattle, we're running low on options to improve the receiving corps.

You do realize I was talking about Nate Washington signing with the Titans, and that quote has absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings right?

oops. i thought you meant Rosenfels won't help the Vikings, not that Washington won't help the titans. My bad, sorry for misunderstanding.

Washington's got talent, i mean he doesn't have Houshmanzadeh talent, but he is fairly talented. he will give the Titans another target he won't bring them any where they wouldn't be going anyways, but it's a help if they decide to pass the ball at all.

And the Deadskins cut Jason Taylor because he didn't want participate in offseason workouts. Gee, that Hanyesworth signing is looking great!

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate