Official American Idol S8 thread.

wordsofwisdom

Adam & Kris as the final two, Adam to win it. I'm surprised Allison got eliminated before Danny, I found Danny's performance pretty "meh" and liked Allison's a whole lot more.

Seems the American public are fucking clueless. Allison never deserved to leave, Kris had a fucking appauling night and Danny wasn't far behind him. Really not bothered who wins now as long as it isn't Kris. I somehow started to like Adam a little more last night after the duet with Allison, which was awesome. I just think those two should of been the final two. Hoping to see more of her in the future :wub:

Allison looks alot like a girl I had a crush on :blush:

I find Danny Gokey very meh so hopefully Kris makes some sort of underdog run into the top 2 and then loses to Adam, to be fair he's already made his run when he first started there was nothing special about him and I was pretty surprised he made it into the top 12 but he's pretty good and his performance of She Works Hard For The Money is one of my favs from this season.

Haven't seen the results show yet, but I expected not to enjoy the first night of the final three, turns out I loved it. Some fantastic song choices and despite not liking Kris a great deal, his version of 'Heartless' was awesome and I actually thought he did a good job with 'Apologise'. Although despite 'Cryin' being one of my favourite Aerosmith songs, I didn't think Adam should ever of done that. Destroyed the song if you ask me, although his first song was pretty great. After last night, I feel Kris making the final would make me happy now. I'll watch the results show tonight, but yeah, that was a great final three night. Still, no Allison :crying:

I know I'm going to have to get the fireproof armor out for saying this, but I have hated Kris Allen for weeks now. To me, he sounds like pretty much any generic pop act on the radio these days.

That said, Adam will likely pull a Clay Aiken (and not in THAT way, minds out of the gutter) and slaughter Kris in sales.

...WHAT!?

I mean...WHAT!? In a way, I'm not surprised, because Kris hasn't been in the Bottom Two (if I recall), whereas Adam was, and only recently. I'm still kind of shocked that Lambert lost, but Kris is still a very good singer. And the fact he's rather good looking doesn't harm things...

I know I'm going to have to get the fireproof armor out for saying this, but I have hated Kris Allen for weeks now. To me, he sounds like pretty much any generic pop act on the radio these days.

That said, Adam will likely pull a Clay Aiken (and not in THAT way, minds out of the gutter) and slaughter Kris in sales.

What's wrong with Kris Allen sounding like a generic pop act? Surely that means he will actually get played regularly on the radio? And I honestly think that Adam Lambert's CD will be a let down. When you actually listen to the studio versions, they are a lot weaker than the live versions. He's just a charismatic performer, but when it comes to toning it down in the studio, he loses a large part of his appeal.

And he only lost the show, since even America got sick of Simon Cowell's pushing of certain acts. Katy Perry having Adam Lambert written on her outfit was absolutely ridiculous.

As talented as Adam was, he will not be more commercially successful than Kris Allen.

I was sad to see Allison leave so early. She is very, very talented and I think she could make an album somewhere in between Pink and Heart. Her performance with Lauper was pretty cool.

Danny struck me as Taylor Hicks but more mainstream marketable. I liked Taylor Hicks a lot too, but he hasn't found his niche yet.

Wow, that was a huge surprise. And they've been spot on, he was the underdog the entire way through. I don't think hardly anyone thought he was a contender from the start or even midway through, I certainly didn't. I've got to say he was constantly good though and his version of 'Heartless' was simply fantastic. I actually think he sang the single pretty well too, suits him much more. Got to hand it to the guy, deserves it just as much as any of the others. I think I disliked him a little at the start because I actually thought he was a bit of a dick, but I realised how he seemed like the opposite of that really and he actually seems like a really good guy.

Also, why the fuck does Allison get put with that shit as a duo? Cindy looked like a 60 year old on crack cocaine, good god. Overall though, a good season I thought. A handful of names that I really liked and hope to see in the future, Allison the main one.

What's wrong with Kris Allen sounding like a generic pop act? Surely that means he will actually get played regularly on the radio? And I honestly think that Adam Lambert's CD will be a let down. When you actually listen to the studio versions, they are a lot weaker than the live versions. He's just a charismatic performer, but when it comes to toning it down in the studio, he loses a large part of his appeal.

And he only lost the show, since even America got sick of Simon Cowell's pushing of certain acts. Katy Perry having Adam Lambert written on her outfit was absolutely ridiculous.

I knew I'd need the fireproof armor. :)

The problem with Kris Allen sounding like a generic pop act is that there are already 40 billion generic pop acts out there (and Idol keeps contributing to that number). There's nothing there that sets him apart from the rest of them, other than the fact that he won Idol, and even that might be considered a dubious honor considering that a good portion of past Idol winners/runners-up don't have much in the way of a career afterward.

I'd like to beat Katy Perry up solely because I keep getting that stupid "Hot and Cold" song stuck in my head. I used the mute button during her performance, partly because I don't think she's that great and partly because she really didn't need to be there (too much filler this season!).

And the fact he's rather good looking doesn't harm things...

I outgrew my boyband phase ages ago, thankfully. It certainly kept the front-row fangirls entertained. I wonder if the fact that he's married would've affected that (fangirls are fickle creatures). Guess we'll never know...

Gotta admit I was pulling for Adam the whole way through. I liked the guy. And then last night with KISS. My god. Un fucking believable. Though, I might be partial to KISS and their greatness, but that set was awesome. Beth, Detroit Rock City, and Rock N Roll All Nite... AWESOME STUFF! Too bad for Adam :( I'm a sad panda.

The best part of the show was Megan dancing to Boom Boom Pow.

Holy hotness :wub:

I think it's cool that Kris Allen won in the end when I first saw him perform he was someone who was decent but I really doubted whether he'd make the top 10 but he was consistent throughout the entire show and improved week by week, peaked at just the right time and comes off as a really really nice guy. Even after his win he was praising Adam and the other contestants

A lot of people are upset over Adam's loss. Honestly, even though I predicted he'd win (in fact, I think I said I'd eat my hat if he lost), it doesn't fuss me. I think perhaps it's better that Kris won. Adam was going to benefit from the show, regardless of victory or not. Kris victory simply means that he might get a bit more of a boost. I personally thought Kris was ho-hum and nothing special, but he had his fans so it's great he won.