Prince Of Persia/Saints Row 2

Liam

Are either of them worth picking up?

Gamestation are selling both on the cheap (well, cheap-ish), and was just wondering if people thought they were worth getting?

EDIT: Or what other recent PS3 games might be worth a look?

Edited by rvdwannabe

See, I wasn't a huge fan of GTA, purely because I thought there was too much faffing about at times, not enough wanton destruction and the like (a reason I preferred GTA 1 and 2, for example). So, would you think Saints Row 2 works more for me along that lines?

From what I've read about it, yes absolutely. Its apparently much less concerned with telling a thrilling narrative and more about just giving you the ability to do whatever the fuck you want.

I'd definitely recommend Saints Row 2, it's not trying to be a movie like GTA, it's just giving you a playground basically. The cutscenes are quite tongue-in-cheek and fit the style of the game. Not amazing, graphically, but the customisation options are excellent, and co-op is a laugh too. Easily beat GTA in terms of criminal-sandbox-game-of-the-year for me.

Oh, and Prince of Persia is good, but I do tire of the AI holding my hand and it being impossible to die. Looks beautiful though.

Edited by Dragsy

• 2 weeks later...

See, I'm really not a fan of Saints Row 2 because it just looks so cheesy, the controls are such a step back for anyone who's played GTA IV, and whilst the storyline seems like it would be fun, irritations like other gangs constantly chasing after you, and never giving me time to do what I like, ruin the game for me.

I never had a problem with the other gangs really.. as long as I didn't piss them off.

But there are things in the game called Diversions or whatever, they're what you have to do to gain "Respect" to open up the chance to do one of the lines of missions (missions to take down the different gangs all run at the same time pretty much, you just choose which to advance) and one of them.. is Mayhem. Cause enough destruction with unlimited ammo with certain weapons in the time you're given. That pretty much covers you, although the other's like Insurance Fraud are pretty fun too.

Saints Row 2 question...

I've done the first few missions, but other games got in the way and I haven't gone back to it since. The £35 I paid for it suggests I plan on doing so though. In the missions I did and the time I spent on it, I couldn't work out if there was any sort of cover system in the game.

So, is there?

Prince of Persia is beautiful to look at and although the level design is pretty stagnant throughout, it is interesting trying to figure shit out. The game's rather easy, too. If it's cheap I wouldn't say no, but if you're tight for money, rent it. It's a solid game still, but it can probably be beaten in a week or so.

As for SR2, it has its definite flaws to me (cars don't have a fucking break, the game looks terrible at times, the fighting/melee system is fucking retarded, clipping), but it is indeed mindless fun. So, considering it's cheap, why not?

Little Big Planet is an obvious suggestion. It's not recent, but MLB '08 is amazing, Resistance 2 if you haven't played it?

Edited by Wills of Jericho